Toney's Incident with Michael O'Connor | Page 3 | Vital Football

Toney's Incident with Michael O'Connor

Are we saying, then, that it is O'Connor's fault for attempting to block?

No, both nlondonimp and I have been very clear that it's not an excuse.

If you're attempting, deliberately, to get in someone's way though, there's a chance there might be repercussions.

There is no counter argument. Toney targeted our most experienced midfield player, to gain his team an advantage they needed. He did so dangerously. The timing smells like a half time instruction. I would love to see LCFC taking a tough stance on Posh, their manager, and the player, via the EFL or any other avenues. This was dangerous and unsporting behaviour and can not in any way be condoned or defended. The referee should also be sanctioned for not dealing with the matter properly.

There is no counter argument. Toney targeted our most experienced midfield player, to gain his team an advantage they needed. He did so dangerously. The timing smells like a half time instruction. I would love to see LCFC taking a tough stance on Posh, their manager, and the player, via the EFL or any other avenues. This was dangerous and unsporting behaviour and can not in any way be condoned or defended. The referee should also be sanctioned for not dealing with the matter properly.

This is from a Posh Forum:
“Just seen again the incident just after half time when O'Connor was taken out, lucky we had eleven on the pitch after that. Such a shame that we have to stoop to those levels.”

This is from a Posh Forum:
“Just seen again the incident just after half time when O'Connor was taken out, lucky we had eleven on the pitch after that. Such a shame that we have to stoop to those levels.”
Say no more.----There is your evidence.

Come on EFL, some bloke on a forum says it should have been a red card, what more evidence do you need?
Video evidence which was broadcast on Sky and is readily available. Ooh, accompanied by dialogue courtesy of our former esteemed manager. That, me lud, is the case for the prosecution.

The key aspect will be IF LCFC include it in their match report. I am assuming the ref will as it led to an extensive delay so, providing LCFC do, then the EFL will review it.

Whether it leads to a charge.....who knows.

Video evidence which was broadcast on Sky and is readily available. Ooh, accompanied by dialogue courtesy of our former esteemed manager. That, me lud, is the case for the prosecution.

Precisely. I agree.

The opinion of a poster on the posh forum, was supposed to be the clincher for some. It ain’t. It’s irrelevant.

See above.

Football needs to take a lesson from rugby union. A similar incident, if not seen by officials during the game, can be sanctioned by the RFU post game. That 'assault' by Toney on a rugby field would be an immediate 3 match ban. It was cowardly and needs to be dealt with by the law makers whatever the sport.

When you compare that incident to the later one where Josh Vickers very sportingly intervened and stopped the ref from booking Toney, you realise what a contrast the two incidents portrayed.

Unless Toney drops them in it, it will be nigh on impossible to show that the instruction came from the management at half time.

Unless Toney drops them in it, it will be nigh on impossible to show that the instruction came from the management at half time.

I don't think anyone suggested he would.

Stop being such a snowflake, it's a man's game. Suck it up and move on..

So being a "man", as defined by you, is shouting obscenities from the sidelines.

You're a real big "man", you are.