Tom Hopper | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tom Hopper

There are plenty that say some of our supporters only know of our recent history!

I reckon we must be the smallest club in the EFL, it seems all are mortally wounded by any sense of a loss to little Lincoln fookin City. No one likes us..........

Surprised the Blackpool Manager survived the weekend after losing to 'little old lincoln'. Long may it continue !!

As said, was living at Burton Waters, so location wise this is a decent move for him.

From memory from my Scunthorpe supporting colleagues, he wasn't a target man per se but someone who offered a bit of physicality whilst working his socks off.

There are plenty that say some of our supporters only know of our recent history!

I reckon we must be the smallest club in the EFL, it seems all are mortally wounded by any sense of a loss to little Lincoln fookin City. No one likes us..........

"Founded on 19 May 1906 in the Blue Boar pub,[2] Southend has been a member of the Football League since 1920. The club has spent most of its League career in the English lower divisions, with seven seasons in the League's second tier (Division 2/Championship)."
That'll be the massive Saarfend then.

Yeo was onside.

You see you have gone and done it now! My blood is boiling even after all these years I can't get over that because I was virtually level when that was played. I can remember jumping out my seat and ranting at the linesman as much as I ever have.
The other one was that cheating fookin barsteward who I loathe and detest to this day the number one AHole Egil Ostanstad.

You see my blood is really boiling now !!!

7 goals in 14 games at the start of last season, + 2 assists, when he was fully fit. goal every 158 minutes. similar stats to walker.
got injured around the same time as coker and it's all been downhill for southend since then.
presume the 2 goals in 12 games since coming back from that injury shows he is over it. assist last weekend and 90 minutes in their very rare win.
imagine he will be very pleased to be out of southend, if we get him.

i would say that £150k figure is what they would like other clubs to know about, if others are going to make offers. not necessarily what we have bid. a bit shitty to put any figures into their local media.

no-one really knows what we got for any of the 3 players last week so fee suggested will be speculation but if it is £150k that's probably about market value for a L1 striker nowadays

You see you have gone and done it now! My blood is boiling even after all these years I can't get over that because I was virtually level when that was played. I can remember jumping out my seat and ranting at the linesman as much as I ever have.
The other one was that cheating fookin barsteward who I loathe and detest to this day the number one AHole Egil Ostanstad.

You see my blood is really boiling now !!!
Is now a good time to name drop Georgeous George Cain.

no-one really knows what we got for any of the 3 players last week so fee suggested will be speculation but if it is £150k that's probably about market value for a L1 striker nowadays
mitigation on value: southend should be below the market value, as they are about to be relegated, the striker is coming back from a serious injury. and apparently this fella has a release clause. unless the release clause is £150k, hahahaa

It’s funny I can remember some mouthy Southend fans at a service station mocking imps on the way into the services after Cardiff

something happened to their car whilst they were in there. I don’t think they were laughing then.

I think the feelings are mutual with the fan who doesn’t like us

Last edited:
Well i hope we add further to their relegation bid...we owe them one from the Millennium defeat...
I'm still feeling the pain.......let's put them to the sword and eat all their jellied eels.
See you down there

signed on a free from Scunny,3 year deal with a further option of a year
acl injury..........can`t see it myself..........more like getting him off the wage bill but if a fee involved must be lower than 150k?
started 12 games, 2 goals this season.
talks going on and a fee being quoted.........who knows.

lots of player bailing out of a sinking ship?
Cox left gone to AUSTRALIA.
Humphrys getting interest frm Donny...decent player,offer pending?
Hamilton the mufc lad on loan now left and joined Bolton.
Hopper on his way?
Theo Robinson left 6 days ago to end season on loan at Colchester.

i smell a rat down at Roots Hall..........................they are skint?

Last edited:
I'm still feeling the pain.......let's put them to the sword and eat all their jellied eels.
See you down there

signed on a free from Scunny,3 year deal with a further option of a year
acl injury..........can`t see it myself..........more like getting him off the wage bill but if a fee involved must be lower than 150k?
started 12 games, 2 goals this season.
talks going on and a fee being quoted.........who knows.

lots of player bailing out of a sinking ship?
Cox left gone to AUSTRALIA.
Humphrys getting interest frm Donny...decent player,offer pending?
Hamilton the mufc on loan left and joined Bolton.
Hopper on his way?
Theo Robinson left 6 days ago to end season on loan at Colchester.

i smell a rat down at Roots Hall..........................they are skint?
Very skint, some players didn't get paid on time recently.

Now my memory might be playing tricks but which club only brought about 4000 fans to the Millennium Stadium for that final? (Clue - it wasn’t us).