Today's League One Match Thread (13/02/2021) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Today's League One Match Thread (13/02/2021)

I'd quite like their fans to get cocky and excited again so that we can burst their bubble.

I am sure they will be giving it the big un about powering to the top of the league if they win comfortably against Donny later.

Having said that, Donny weren’t a great side here, they then rode their luck two games running against Oxford and then lost against Fleetwood.

Good so far for us.

I don't really follow Prem football but just went on the BBC sport website to see Liverpool have lost a third game in a row. Also made me smile.
I'm having fun on the text. A lad at work follows Liverpool and Donny. I just told him I'll buy him a light blue scarf for future use.

Scores as I type:

Charlton Athletic 1-2 Gillingham
Hull City 0-0 Milton Keynes Dons
Northampton Town 0-0 Burton Albion
Plymouth Argyle 1-0 Fleetwood Town
Sunderland 3-0 Doncaster Rovers

Doncaster didn't impress me, they just didn't have the look of a promotion challenger. They dug in, and somehow got away with it. Whiteman was the only class player they had, and they look limited without him.

Good first half for us. Just need scores to stay around the same (MK to sneak one though) and Wyke to come off injured so he has to miss Wednesday

Joe Morell hardly getting any game or even squad time at Luton. A waste of a player talents. IMO He should be playing football somewhere.

Doncaster didn't impress me, they just didn't have the look of a promotion challenger. They dug in, and somehow got away with it. Whiteman was the only class player they had, and they look limited without him.

It's a testament to how fans view good results. There was a certain hubris about them (which I've seen here and on other forums) when you get an unexpected backs-to-the-wall win. It should be seen as welcome, fortunate and not something you want to have to repear.

In the end you normally have to play well to win. Interesting that many of their fans worked this out when they lost at Fleetwood in the week.