Tobias Permanent. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tobias Permanent.

Its players like fox , lichaj, Osborn that have kept us staring into the abyss. We need better. I swear some people over hype players because they like them. Jesus we are so far from premier league sides its depressing.

Its players like fox , lichaj, Osborn that have kept us staring into the abyss. We need better. I swear some people over hype players because they like them. Jesus we are so far from premier league sides its depressing.

Whose quality created our goal yesterday?

Fox has been the player of the season for me, but not sure he will be first choice next year. Hope Dawson is back and if so I would expect Worrall to partner him, I would like to see us playing three centre backs and two wing backs and Daws would be the perfect lynchpin for that. Add Dawson, jack Marriott and an attacking wingback to the current squad and we will be moving in the right direction. Then you would be looking at a team with some strength in depth.
Don't forget, we do have some very good young players and a year can make a big difference for an 18 - 20 year old in terms of development (if managed properly)

Fox has been the player of the season for me, but not sure he will be first choice next year. Hope Dawson is back and if so I would expect Worrall to partner him, I would like to see us playing three centre backs and two wing backs and Daws would be the perfect lynchpin for that. Add Dawson, jack Marriott and an attacking wingback to the current squad and we will be moving in the right direction. Then you would be looking at a team with some strength in depth.
Don't forget, we do have some very good young players and a year can make a big difference for an 18 - 20 year old in terms of development (if managed properly)
I have a feeling that AK will give it a really go at playing 3 at the back. First, cause if we sign Dawson we would have a good number of centre backs and I think to play Dawson regularly (now that he is 35 years old) you need a couple of younger legs. Secondly, I think it is evident that AK loves Ozzy, and he will make it a point that he will slot him somewhere in the team; as all we are in an agreement, Ozzy is and cannot be a left back, but going forward he is a treat (Saturday confirmed that). So 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1, but it is essential that we sign one or two strikers that convert chances. Strikers that even when we are playing badly and under the cosh are able to score goals from nothing...if we hit the jack pot with at least one of these, we will be laughing...if on Saturday (a game that I think we really played well in) we converted 1 or two goals from the chances we created (the Lolley chance was really worked well and the understanding with Cash is getting better in each game- and the Bridcutt chance ) I doubt that Cardiff would have the strenght to come back...even the Ozzy chance in the second half, it was easier to miss then to score...Ozzy himself scored much more difficult goals ...

Clearly he is, emperors new clothes and all that. Since switching to CB he's been our best player - again it helps if you've seen the games to know that.

I've seen the home games and he still scares me to death.

What exactly was he doing for their winner on Saturday by the way?

I don't know why you have this obsession with Fox. But just because you keep saying it over and over doesn't make it true. Fox might look good in a dire defence but he isn't as good as Figuerido and I honestly can't see any defence that challenges for promotion having him in it

I don't know why you have this obsession with Fox. But just because you keep saying it over and over doesn't make it true. Fox might look good in a dire defence but he isn't as good as Figuerido and I honestly can't see any defence that challenges for promotion having him in it

He's already been part of one...

Honestly he's been excellent for a while now and has been MotM several times of late. For the final goal he was pretty much trying to mark the entire Cardiff team by himself...

CP, I agree partly with Pope on this. Against Cardiff, Fox was playing like a converted left back. He is not tall enough or physical enough when he comes up against the type of test he had on Saturday. Against other types of tests this season he has played well, but if we are serious about challenging for the top half of the table and keeping clean sheets against physical teams, we have to look at alternatives.

Pope watching again Cardiff`s second goal, Gunarsson was being marked by Ozzy, he let him go not Fox just miskicked the ball...but if Ozzy remained close to Gunarsson, the latter wouldnt had all the time in the world to score...apart of this episode...we are conceeding too many goals like this (second ball)... and these are drills that we should tackle during training...

CP, I agree partly with Pope on this. Against Cardiff, Fox was playing like a converted left back. He is not tall enough or physical enough when he comes up against the type of test he had on Saturday. Against other types of tests this season he has played well, but if we are serious about challenging for the top half of the table and keeping clean sheets against physical teams, we have to look at alternatives.

It's about balance, we can go tall with Fig and 6'4 Joe Worrall to give us that option when needed but we won't come up against Warnock sides every week thank God.

The issue v Cardiff (and at the risk of sounding like Jock) was that they could overload the back two because the fullbacks and midfielders weren't capable of offering any support. We also had a nervous young keeper who was for the most part afraid to leave his line.

It's about balance, we can go tall with Fig and 6'4 Joe Worrall to give us that option when needed but we won't come up against Warnock sides every week thank God.

The issue v Cardiff (and at the risk of sounding like Jock) was that they could overload the back two because the fullbacks and midfielders weren't capable of offering any support. We also had a nervous young keeper who was for the most part afraid to leave his line.

Definitely about balance but of the 24 teams in the league, probably 8 or 9 will play a similar way to Cardiff or be as physical next season. If our defence cannot deal with those games, that means to get in the top 6 we have to win nearly all of the games against the other 14 or 15 teams.

Fox is the player who has made the most individual mistakes in recent seasons leading to a goal for the opponent. (I have watched all matches this season - home and away)

Definitely about balance but of the 24 teams in the league, probably 8 or 9 will play a similar way to Cardiff or be as physical next season. If our defence cannot deal with those games, that means to get in the top 6 we have to win nearly all of the games against the other 14 or 15 teams.

Which is why we'd have Fig, Worrall and potentially Dawson...

Fox is the player who has made the most individual mistakes in recent seasons leading to a goal for the opponent. (I have watched all matches this season - home and away)

I find that very difficult to believe, regardless of how many games you have watched.

I went through last seasons games and apportioned culpability for the goals conceded; Mancienne was by far the biggest culprit followed by Mills.

Mancienne has also played over 30 more games than Fox, which, given his propensity to fuck things up at least once in each game he plays, means he is bound to have been the cause of more goals conceded.

Hey fantasist :) not just my conclusion and as you don't go to games...
I do go to games, whenever I am in England, which is quite often so that's put that to bed.
Fantasist :rotfl: enough said. People can decide for themselves on that one.
It's 2018 Calvin, coaches even sign players without ever seeing them play in the flesh these days.