Tobias Permanent. | Vital Football

Tobias Permanent.

forestfire_59

Vital 1st Team Regular
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but Tobias Figuerado, has agreed to stay permanently. Says it was easiest decision EVER.

Great permanent signing. Now for a left back, right back, another centre half, a winger or two and 2 strikers. Oh and Pants on a permanent deal.

Great signing and a no brainer...what irks me a bit is the longivity of the contract ...4 years is too much in my opinion...it stems complecency... for me contracts shouldnt be for more then 2 years plus another optional year with an agreed minimum sell on fee ... rarely players perform for the duration of such a long contract, and if we are paying him a quarter of a million each year, he is not even on the cheap...

Sorry Malta but 4 years is good for us in this instance. We know he is a good player at this level so he will generate interest at some point. A longer contract gives us room to manoeuvre if so. More than happy with this.

:clap:

Was waiting for that post CP - you were quicker off the mark than me though... busy day yesterday, plus gave blood & then went for a few pints.... always fun & saves money!
A good question is, at this stage, what will AK do for next season? Keep Figi and Foxy as the 1st choice central pairing? or change it? pre season will give him time to try options yes, but it seems those two has forged a good understanding and it wouldnt be wise to disrupt ... aslong as we dont sign Kompany and Chiellini...at the same time this will create some unease in players like mancienne ... at his age staying on the bench is not nice, so I wouldnt be surprised if he decides to leave...probably it will be good for both parties..

Mancienne is a very good utility player - can fill at CH & both full back positions... personally, with his pace & inability to head it - I think he'd make a better sweeper.

With Worrall & Dawson - you have 4 good CH's, mixing experience & youth, with Manc as back up.

That assumes we don't sell Worrall, because at £12m - I still think would be tough to turn down!

Be interesting to see if there is still interest in Worrall. Like you say at 12m it may be difficult to turn down if AK is allowed to reinvest.

Mancienne is a very good utility player - can fill at CH & both full back positions... personally, with his pace & inability to head it - I think he'd make a better sweeper.

With Worrall & Dawson - you have 4 good CH's, mixing experience & youth, with Manc as back up.

That assumes we don't sell Worrall, because at £12m - I still think would be tough to turn down!

Will Mancienne be willing to remain as back up but? he is not as if he is 35 years or something, he will want to play and I think he will find some other team in our division that can give him that ... as things stand and with our shortfalls (especially on the flanks-defense), he is not given a look in...can you imagine how harder it would be for him to get a game if we sign a defender or two to play on the sides ?!... he can see this, he knows our weaknesses (playing Ozzy on the left and leaving seasoned defenders on the bench is a witness of this)...if he is not trusted now, how he is going to be trusted when we sign more players ?

I think Manc’s time is up and the second we get a half way reasonable offer he will be allowed to go.

One of the many I am hoping that will be part of the exodus.

Jury still out for me. He's looked a decent centre back so far, but that's in comparison to what has been a very poor defence all season. Let's also not forget he has come into a team that is set up to defend and yet we are still conceding very poor goals.
Not saying it's a poor signing at all, but to soon to be dancing round the living room at the moment, in my opinion.
With the sacking of MW, and comments from AK, I think it's clear they expect a promotion challenge next season and I would question whether, as good as they have been, him and Fox are good enough for that.