Time for a new manager? | Page 90 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

Holloway 10 odd years ago when he still had a spark maybe...it would've been a ride anyway lol

Also the fact that he absolutely hates Aston Villa for no valid reason at all, he's a mentalist, I also remember him goading Millwall fans (probably not the best of fans to taunt and give verbal to lol)

Was pretty funny but still would you want him at our club acting like this? .........

From memory - the sticky wicket was more a Houllier jibe than Villa specific - but it would've been entertaining lol

I stand firm on the Houllier shit, hated his love in with Liverpool (Kind of understandable) but I think of how far we could of gotten if his health was a bit, well more healthy lol Imagine if we'd had a manager with his insight and calibre from the get go instead of MON but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think Sherwood had 13 games to save us when he joined, got us playing well but with more English players. Worth a shot until the end of the season?

He did manage Swindon but then again it's about the club fitting the man? I loved his passion and swagger, that's what AVFC is all about - nah wot a mean saan!

I liked him, but he couldn't address the defensive frailties and made them worse, fucked right up bringing Richards and Lescott in.

True - but for the next 10 games he wouldn't be able to sign anyone, just get us the bounce we need to stay up and look for a long term appointment.

Sherwood......

200.webp

People have a go at DS for scouting players....Sherwood couldn't remember which players he signed and which ones Almstadt and Riley did....depending on who played better in a single game.

And I'm pretty sure Almstadt and Riley weren't privately briefing in the press against the club in support of Sherwood's fuck ups and lack of memory - and even then they couldn't get Sherwood's picks right.

I'd rather bring in Joseph Venglos again and let Ellis run things and he's dead.

Ah, but does he remember. He'd been watching Traore since he was 14 is always the one that stands out to me.....and thought he was ready to start - until he wasn't lol

Sherwood could've spotted Ibrahimovic at 25 and decided he was too old to develop.

The only thing Nice But Tim got right....was how important Jack would become in time.

Ah, but does he remember. He'd been watching Traore since he was 14 is always the one that stands out to me.....and thought he was ready to start - until he wasn't lol

Sherwood could've spotted Ibrahimovic at 25 and decided he was too old to develop.

The only thing Nice But Tim got right....was how important Jack would become in time.

I would speculate on what he was taking at the time but I don't want to get mixed up in the legal mumbo jumbo :lol:

Last edited:
Yep, Tim has unfinished business with us. He'd probably do it for free.

He'd actually do better with the younger defence we've got than he did with Lescott/Richards/Guzan. Maybe not quite in the Poch class, but maybe he's a late developer.

He and JT could make a good pairing. If they didn't beat the hell out of each other.

Yep, Tim has unfinished business with us. He'd probably do it for free.

He'd actually do better with the younger defence we've got than he did with Lescott/Richards/Guzan. Maybe not quite in the Poch class, but maybe he's a late developer.

He and JT could make a good pairing. If they didn't beat the hell out of each other.
Are you stoned tonight McP? lol

It was before my time, but I'd rather welcome Bill McNeil back!