Tic's v Rovrum. | Vital Football

Tic's v Rovrum.

TRUE BELIEVER

Vital Football Hero
Thought I might as well kick the thread off as despite all the off field problems there is a game on today.

I am keeping out of all the argybargy going on on the other threads but I think we should all get down to the stadium and support the players and SM and leave the rest till after the game when everyone can make their feelings known in whatever way they feel they should.

Up the Tic's. Give us a win to go into the close season with.

Latics: Tickle, McClean (Capt), Hughes, Caulker, Rekik, Pearce, Tiéhi, Whatmough, Lang, Aasgaard, Scully.

Subs: Watson, McHugh, Chentouf, Adeeko, Smith, Sharif, Sze.

I’ll be watching from home. Would someone be kind enough to provide a debrief about what happens after the final whistle as I imagine the coverage will end pretty sharpish.

First half was very disjointed (to the surprise of no one). Second half was much better. Some good chances created by Thelo and Hughes.

Tickle looked like somebody ready to take on a much bigger role next season.

I’ll be watching from home. Would someone be kind enough to provide a debrief about what happens after the final whistle as I imagine the coverage will end pretty sharpish.

TBF Swindon, the team more than held their own n imo Tickle was motm considering his first game for 1st team. Players came round at final whistle & were roundly applauded by all as was SM....left after that so don't know if there was a lap of 'honour'.

TBF Swindon, the team more than held their own n imo Tickle was motm considering his first game for 1st team. Players came round at final whistle & were roundly applauded by all as was SM....left after that so don't know if there was a lap of 'honour'.
Thanks Jock. Yes second half much better than first and the young lads did well. I did get to watch a bit of the crowd reaction after the game and it was nice to see our fans show their appreciation. Any members of the (club’s) board there?

Thanks Jock. Yes second half much better than first and the young lads did well. I did get to watch a bit of the crowd reaction after the game and it was nice to see our fans show their appreciation. Any members of the (club’s) board there?

Heard that Gottman was there as was guest Lisa Nandy altho how true I have no idea. Few sack the board chants etc but not much detrimental to the club or anything which will force the board to change there tact or how they treat us....

Courtesy of Paul Kendrick Including Ms Nandy & Sir Ben.

Attachments

• 20230508_174426.jpg
    20230508_174426.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 25
For me Scully, Tickle and Hughes were top quality today. Rekik looked good in possession and Sharif lokoed very handy for a youngster.

I wondered where these lads had been all season. Looked like Rekik was leaving the pitch for the final time.

Missed the lap of honour but we're any of the "striking" players turn up.

Typical end of season nothing to play for type of game. Good to see a lot of the young lads given a shot. Also, a good, solid & steady performance by Tickle.

Looks like PK is getting some stick on twitter, looking at the comments he made, just.. wow, this is just a symptom of the mess our club is at. Sorry can’t share it as this website freezes whenever I try to paste something

For me Scully, Tickle and Hughes were top quality today. Rekik looked good in possession and Sharif lokoed very handy for a youngster.

I wondered where these lads had been all season. Looked like Rekik was leaving the pitch for the final time.

Missed the lap of honour but we're any of the "striking" players turn up.

When we heard the team sheet on the way to the ground I was gobsmacked....amazing how many injuries / strains have occurred since last game 😉...but I def didn't blame selection or lack of. I also said it's at times like this that we uncover a player or 2.....step forward Sam Tickle 👏👏👏 & the subs (Sze / Smith)