Tic's v Rovrum. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tic's v Rovrum.

Tbf it’s pretty embarrassing that our fans couldn’t even organise a solid protest between themselves in light of the current situation going on. Far smaller clubs with far smaller issues have raised their voice far more effectively.

Tbf I reckon it’s a sign of how depressed our fan base is after all the false promises and the general acceptance that our club is fucked and it’s only a matter of when not if, we go into admin again.

He's got a point to be fair,how can he report on something that didn't happen?

I would say it’s tasteless considering the predicament. But with emotions so high, it’s easy for people to take things the wrong way, this is just a symptom of how dire the whole club is as of right now.

Rumours on Twitter that Maloney has resigned.

If it's true it should come as NO surprise...
1....he didn't want zoom meeting till tomorrow.
2....he's been royally shafted by Al Jasmi / Talal
3....what players would he be able to attract to our club given the owners track record.

Tbf it’s pretty embarrassing that our fans couldn’t even organise a solid protest between themselves in light of the current situation going on. Far smaller clubs with far smaller issues have raised their voice far more effectively.

Tbf I reckon it’s a sign of how depressed our fan base is after all the false promises and the general acceptance that our club is fucked and it’s only a matter of when not if, we go into admin again.

TBF W4life.....it's less than a week to try to organise a cohesive orchestrated protest where everyone is on the same page so was always going to end up as a damp squid....shame like as I'd have liked the owners to know the feelings of fans whom they treat with utter contempt.

I thought Lang was excellent today ... he played as much in midfield as out wide and up front.

All those young lads bodes well for next season ... alongside a bit of experience.

Quite a few "non playing players" were there Oscar, and went on the pitch too.

Bloody hell lad, you thought Lang excellent ? Apart from being unable to control the ball and constantly giving possession away I suppose he was.

Bloody hell lad, you thought Lang excellent ? Apart from being unable to control the ball and constantly giving possession away I suppose he was.

The ball was skidding about lots of the time ... yep, he made a few mistakes, as did most others (their No 40 excepted, who was superb ... thank God he was subbed for some inexplicable reason).

I still thought he had a decent game, with loads of effort though.

Reactions: WN2

I think it's that we have such a low number of 18-25s in our fanbase you only need to look at ES2-3.

I’ll be watching from home. Would someone be kind enough to provide a debrief about what happens after the final whistle as I imagine the coverage will end pretty sharpish.
We stayed to the end (almost). Low key & not organised - players walking on the pitch - some with children. Jamie Jones was there. Don't know why Keane wasn't featured but he was there. Magennis was on crutches. Sad way to end the season. Such a contrast to the euphoria last season.

Shaun Maloney was showing his emotions walking around the pitch at the end.
That was a manager who cares ... Wasn't sure about the motives behind his signing but if he stays he has my support.

BBC Radio Sport interview
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fm4hdf

Totally shafted by the bunch of over qualified amateurs running the club and funded by the poorest millionaire in Bahrain.

Bit ironic that James McClean was the Captain and God Save the King was sung ...

Shaun Maloney was showing his emotions walking around the pitch at the end.
That was a manager who cares ... Wasn't sure about the motives behind his signing but if he stays he has my support.

BBC Radio Sport interview
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fm4hdf

Totally shafted by the bunch of over qualified amateurs running the club and funded by the poorest millionaire in Bahrain.

Bit ironic that James McClean was the Captain and God Save the King was sung ...

Ironic perhaps, but I think that’s the mark of the man that he could have refused to play - for good reason - yet took the field without pay, took the armband and wore our shirt with pride. For all the shit he gets he’s a top professional and someone who doesn’t shy away from a fight. He’ll be missed.

The ball was skidding about lots of the time ... yep, he made a few mistakes, as did most others (their No 40 excepted, who was superb ... thank God he was subbed for some inexplicable reason).

I still thought he had a decent game, with loads of effort though.

My honest opinion of today was that Rotherham were 1st to most balls, won most 50/50 duels, won most of the headers, had 2 or 3 stand out lads in the middle, looked more interested than we did for most of the match ....all that said we tried to match them but the whole thing seemed like a wake with the crowd suitably quiet.

Let's hope we have a team to moan about come August.

My honest opinion of today was that Rotherham were 1st to most balls, won most 50/50 duels, won most of the headers, had 2 or 3 stand out lads in the middle, looked more interested than we did for most of the match ....all that said we tried to match them but the whole thing seemed like a wake with the crowd suitably quiet.

Considering the team that was fielded by SM, given the "injuries"..."pulls" ...& "strains" , I thought they did well as that team was probably cobbled together, hadn't trained together or had a decent work out together....shame there wasn't a goal to kick start the final farewell n maybe spark a better atmosphere to the wake like crowd...
👏👏👏👏...to Sam Tickle
👏👏👏👏...on prob JM's last Tics game.
👏👏👏👏...to all those players who carried on despite the uncertainty of the clowns running us
👏👏👏👏...to SM as above
👏👏👏👏...backroom & admin staff as above
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏...us fans who've stuck by the team despite the uncertainty, the disastrous KT appointment & wondering if we'll have a team to support next season...but most importantly UTFT

TBH mate sitting in the West I was impressed how our passionate supporters over in the East drowned out the away support with their chants. The Maloney chant got most of those around me involved and shows the passion, we as fans, have for the club and it obviously touched Maloney.

Given we put out a scratch team I think Rotherham were poor and rarely troubled us, and when they did Tickle showed the form that might get him a regular spot next season.

Edit:
MoM Charlie Hughes, the lad has been a revelation since coming into the team and today he was an absolute rock.

Last edited:

Both sides had 18 aerial duels won each, everything else we had higher numbers of and the 2 central midfielders of Rotherham got poor ratings, much lower than ours, thought Whatmough and Tiehi had the better of the battle most of the game. Nothing of note happened for either side first half, but we had a lot more chances in the second half and the most likely winner. The young players did well overall.

Ironic perhaps, but I think that’s the mark of the man that he could have refused to play - for good reason - yet took the field without pay, took the armband and wore our shirt with pride. For all the shit he gets he’s a top professional and someone who doesn’t shy away from a fight. He’ll be missed.

Absolutely spot on. He just wanted to be on the pitch, and led despite being uncomfortably out of position. I cant think of many, if any, players with no prior connection to the club that bleed blue and white in the way that he does. I would like to think we could squeeze another drop from the bottle, but I think it's run dry.
As for the rest, zero pressure or criticism today. Hughes is quickly becoming the shining light of the side and we're so lucky to have him. Tickle looked confident, as did all 4 academy lads that came on and deserved their game time. Will be sad to see the back of Christ but that's the nature of where we are. Lang also looked determined and was coming deep for the ball. All round great effort but glad to see the back of the season. Hopefully lots for Shaun to work with, who again, was an absolute credit and top leader on and off the pitch.