Tics - Gone but never Forgotten | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tics - Gone but never Forgotten

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but so many of the fans who were pictured on Saturday that have passed away were so young. Loads between 40-70, so sad.

Cheshire League veterans will remember Benny Cairney, our Scottish forward who has sadly passed away today at the age of 77.

Cheshire League veterans will remember Benny Cairney, our Scottish forward who has sadly passed away today at the age of 77.
Sorry Zeb, I'm being a Cheshire League veteran. Benny joined for the start of our first season in the Northern Premier League. He didn't play in Cheshire League.

Jonny Rogers, Jonny King, Mickey Worswick on the wing na na na naa, na na naa, na naa.

Fantastic times, fantastic hard player, will be greatly missed. RIP Jonny, thanks for all the fabulous memories.

Really sad news….as he was central to all my Latics memories through my early teens and great FA cup ties and Wembley appearance and battles with Boston Utd and Alty and the rest.
An all time Latics icon for me personally. RIP

David Porter RIP 2nd January 2024
A good man and a fellow Tic. I think David originally lived in Standish lower Ground, he was a keen sportsman and involved with Wigan rugby union club.like me he was Latics all his life. Condolences to David’s Family.
Dave was a genuinely nice bloke, I was shocked when I heard the news. Lived near me and his daughter was in my kids school class, whenever we bumped into each other we always ended up chatting Latics shit. R.I.P Dave.

Neville Hampson from Hindley...lifelong Tic and cracking lad. Known him for 60 years. His grandson Matty was on the books for a while.

Funeral next Tuesday...God bless Nev.

Edit...funeral later today...sorry Nev.

Last edited: