Thoughts on being back at the Bank? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Thoughts on being back at the Bank?

I suggest you read the post again and digest it. Then, you may find that both of your points are largely irrelevant
to the post.

They are entirely relevant when you talk about opposition to taking the knee. There might be very valid reasons for opposing it (although I’m yet to hear one). In fact, if there are valid arguments for opposing it then the moronic booing and references to ‘Marxism’ probably don’t do the argument any favours whatsoever.

[QUOTE="oldgaurd, post: 2975277, member: 9794"

Are you suggesting that LCFC do not oppose racism and inequality? Do you oppose racism and equality? Saving face? Listen to yourself .By the way the kick out campaign still exists. ..so does racism .

I was extremely careful when I posted, to adopt a neutral position, this was the position that I began my hundreds of hours of research from over 12 months ago. I haven't posted in order to promote a debate, moreover to point out that those that oppose taking the knee are entitled to protest the gesture and their reasons are unknown to many. Please explain where I suggest LCFC do not oppose racism and equality because I can confirm through my research that they most certainly do. Take as long as you like. Your entire reply from beginning to end is an attempt to gain some kind of moral high ground. You have tried to separate me as being on one side and the club another. You have tried to infer that my post hints of racism and supports inequality. You have suggested that I listen to myself? Clearly, you had an agenda from the start. For every right wing bigot that boos the knee there is a leftie such as you who tries to escalate tensions. I suggest that you wind your neck in, take your left wing disruption somewhere else and leave your personal poison inside your keyboard with your courage.[/QUOTE]
A rather aggressive post there ex ref.Rather personal too.I do not intend winding my neck in any time soon and I definitely don't lack any courage either I can assure you of that

In years gone by would also have been a fair amount working on the harvest, I guess that's not so much of a thing these days but I did note FarmerImp for one wasn't able to attend !
Unfortunately home and away footy matches are just one of a number of things which have to take a back seat this time of year!

I will arrive just after kick off to avoid any of the political stuff. be it burning cenotaphs or wearing a poppy. I will then reach my row and everyone will stand in deference to my arrival as I squeeze past to my seat.
there
Surely that doesn’t cause any division?

Apart the obvious queue saga l felt quite emotional walking pitch side. However it didn’t take long to get comfortable.

Fan village is something l enjoy, l make sure we get there early to soak up the atmosphere. Food outlets are local so that a plus and everyone is so friendly.

Had a look in the club shop but was disappointed how sparse it seemed. Maybe it’s concentrated on the Waterside premises.

You have the feel of a professionally led outfit giving the best experience they can. The obvious tweaks needed at this early stage is not a worrying concern.

Thanks for posting that, first time I’ve actually seen it! I received a random call asking how harvest is progressing. The finger/fist waving brigade do make us smile though!

Tbf I think most of this brigade are the interlopers. Most of us born and brought up in Lincolnshire appreciate that living in a predominantly rural county you will get stuck behind tractors, combines and the like on occasion.

I had one the other day on my way to work I came up behind a combine and tractor with the reel on behind who had just pulled out clearly moving fields the road was narrowish and clearly not enough room to pass so I just thought I had to wait it out. About a minute later a large Audi estate came flying up behind and after a short while I could see him gesticulating at me to pass. Anyway he clearly had enough and then went passed me then realised he couldn't get passed the tractor and combine and started bouncing along the verge, realised it was too rough and cut in front of me. I was laughing my head off which he clearly saw in his mirror wound his window down and gave me the finger to vent his frustration. A short while later the combine pulled off at which point he shot passed pipping his hooter and making a wa--er gesticulation out of his window to whoever. Utterly pathetic :lol:

Tbf I think most of this brigade are the interlopers. Most of us born and brought up in Lincolnshire appreciate that living in a predominantly rural county you will get stuck behind tractors, combines and the like on occasion.

I had one the other day on my way to work I came up behind a combine and tractor with the reel on behind who had just pulled out clearly moving fields the road was narrowish and clearly not enough room to pass so I just thought I had to wait it out. About a minute later a large Audi estate came flying up behind and after a short while I could see him gesticulating at me to pass. Anyway he clearly had enough and then went passed me then realised he couldn't get passed the tractor and combine and started bouncing along the verge, realised it was too rough and cut in front of me. I was laughing my head off which he clearly saw in his mirror wound his window down and gave me the finger to vent his frustration. A short while later the combine pulled off at which point he shot passed pipping his hooter and making a wa--er gesticulation out of his window to whoever. Utterly pathetic :lol:
I hope he's damaged his suspension.

I hope he's damaged his suspension.

Well it certainly might have done and certainly didn't do it any good a couple of times the car visibly lurched up in the air and I could see them (there was a woman passenger as well) being thrown around it was actually quite comical.

Probably a company car anyway or on lease it was a 20 plate Audi A6 and they must be about 45 grand I would imagine. Clearly too much money and not enough brains!

I'm convinced that these days before buying an Audi you have to pass a test for certain, ahem, personality traits. Your 'mate' clearly passed with an A*.

You can lease cars like that for very little these days in fact what you actually pay is depreciation and the lease company OHP. This means that toe rags like that can drive them. I think company cars are mostly a thing of the past as unless you drive an electric car you get stung on BIK.

I hope you are similarly respectful of cyclists. The Audi driver, on the other hand, is probably a proponent of 'punishment passes'

I hope you are similarly respectful of cyclists. The Audi driver, on the other hand, is probably a proponent of 'punishment passes'
Punishment passes? Not heard that term before.
Does it apply to the clowns who shout or blow their horn whilst passing far too close and far too fast?

Of course I cyclee many places myself. I am not a lycra clad cyclist with an expensive bike but I certainly use my bike to go from A to B.

You can lease cars like that for very little these days in fact what you actually pay is depreciation and the lease company OHP. This means that toe rags like that can drive them. I think company cars are mostly a thing of the past as unless you drive an electric car you get stung on BIK.
I've got a company car, have had since I was 21, and it's certainly worth it still. It's no way as good as it used to be before my time but if you add up the fuel, MOT, service, tyres, wear and tear, breakdown cover etc etc you'd usually spend and look at what Mr Tax Man takes, it's still fine as long as you get a car that's in line with your wage and don't try and stretch yourself.

I've got a company car, have had since I was 21, and it's certainly worth it still. It's no way as good as it used to be before my time but if you add up the fuel, MOT, service, tyres, wear and tear, breakdown cover etc etc you'd usually spend and look at what Mr Tax Man takes, it's still fine as long as you get a car that's in line with your wage and don't try and stretch yourself.

what did you go for? my first one was in 2005 1.5 Renault Megane cost me £30 it was fantastic value!, I was able to upgrade it to a 1 series in 2009 for not much more. The last company car I had was 2014 - I chose one of those diesels that was below 99 co2 which made it as cheap as I could but it was already starting to get dearer.

I was then employed at place where they did an allowance and not a car so I ended up buying a commuter car - I have always had decent journeys so bought a work horse 3 series. Older but well looked after comfortable with the power to make it pleasure to drive. I have still got that car which is now fully paid for. Where I am now have cars when I looked the tax was eye watering compared to what I was used to - hundreds of pounds a month to get a comparable car which as you never get the asset seemed expensive to me. So have decided to stick with the trusted work horse which the mechanic assures me is good for another 100k! I use the allowance to keep it on the road and any surplus goes on bottles of wine Haribo guitars etc!

What I did like about company cars is you can park it anywhere (I am funny about my own cars - you can find me at the back of the carpark!) and if it needs fixing maintaining etc one phone call its sorted.

what did you go for? my first one was in 2005 1.5 Renault Megane cost me £30 it was fantastic value!, I was able to upgrade it to a 1 series in 2009 for not much more. The last company car I had was 2014 - I chose one of those diesels that was below 99 co2 which made it as cheap as I could but it was already starting to get dearer.

I was then employed at place where they did an allowance and not a car so I ended up buying a commuter car - I have always had decent journeys so bought a work horse 3 series. Older but well looked after comfortable with the power to make it pleasure to drive. I have still got that car which is now fully paid for. Where I am now have cars when I looked the tax was eye watering compared to what I was used to - hundreds of pounds a month to get a comparable car which as you never get the asset seemed expensive to me. So have decided to stick with the trusted work horse which the mechanic assures me is good for another 100k! I use the allowance to keep it on the road and any surplus goes on bottles of wine Haribo guitars etc!

What I did like about company cars is you can park it anywhere (I am funny about my own cars - you can find me at the back of the carpark!) and if it needs fixing maintaining etc one phone call its sorted.
I was due a new one in April 2020 (it's every five years or so many miles, whichever comes first, I can't remember the exact figure) so that was obviously scuppered and still waiting. We used to pick off a list, so it your Astra, Mondeo, Insignia - proper company car types! Now there's also an option of a being given a budget and choosing it yourself as long as it's under 'x' amount of miles, no more than a year old etc.

I know as soon as I pick my next car, at the very best, I'll be about £60 a month worse off. The fuel is the big thing for me though, I save by being in the fuel scheme rather than opting out. I'm 60 miles a day commute, so throw in personal mileage as well and it's a good deal.

As you say, things like breakdown and maintaining, it's worth it just for the peace of mind that you can sort anything out in a phone call and get a replacement car pretty easily for a day or two if needed.

I was due a new one in April 2020 (it's every five years or so many miles, whichever comes first, I can't remember the exact figure) so that was obviously scuppered and still waiting. We used to pick off a list, so it your Astra, Mondeo, Insignia - proper company car types! Now there's also an option of a being given a budget and choosing it yourself as long as it's under 'x' amount of miles, no more than a year old etc.

I know as soon as I pick my next car, at the very best, I'll be about £60 a month worse off. The fuel is the big thing for me though, I save by being in the fuel scheme rather than opting out. I'm 60 miles a day commute, so throw in personal mileage as well and it's a good deal.

As you say, things like breakdown and maintaining, it's worth it just for the peace of mind that you can sort anything out in a phone call and get a replacement car pretty easily for a day or two if needed.

the fuel scheme sounds interesting - is that the same as a fuel card? picking your own is good too as you can get some great deals on demonstrators that are less then a year old low mileage well looked after but significant reductions to the on the road price.

Journeying to Lincoln and back for the footie on a regular basis means keeping my company car is an absolute no-brainer. The Astra isn't what I would choose if I were buying my own but it's a perfectly serviceable workhorse and I'm happy to clock up the miles on someone else's car...