Thoughts on being back at the Bank? | Vital Football

Thoughts on being back at the Bank?

Great to be back for live footie, enjoying a pint or two with mates before and after and walking down to the ground with the usual excitement. The atmosphere felt a little subdued in the first half, I think due to the slow start but picked up in the second and by the end just felt like old times

Loved it ! The only low point was when the players took the knee and there was the odd half arsed boo. I doubt those who booed will care to explain why they oppose equality or why they boo a team at kick off and then proceed to cheer them for the following 90 minutes...wankers

Loved it ! The only low point was when the players took the knee and there was the odd half arsed boo. I doubt those who booed will care to explain why they oppose equality or why they boo a team at kick off and then proceed to cheer them for the following 90 minutes...wankers
Yep, don't get the booing of the knee thing. If you disagree with it, for whatever reason, just ignore the 5 seconds of your life that it took up! Is it really that difficult to keep your mouth shut for a brief moment?
Really enjoyed getting back towards normality, and seeing my mate that I haven't seen since before lockdown.
There is one thing I really want to know. Are the 4 cars still in a Mexican stand-off on the road by the ground?! It creased me up as I walked by them.

I didn't hear any booing the knee but I did hear laughter. On the whistle Bramall set off like a hare which triggered his marker and the pair of them made a very impressive 30 metre sprint including a side step and outside to in manoeuvre, whilst some other players were doing their gesticulating bit, and the rest got caught half and half deciding whether they should be kneeling or trying to get up alongside Bramall.

Yep, don't get the booing of the knee thing. If you disagree with it, for whatever reason, just ignore the 5 seconds of your life that it took up! Is it really that difficult to keep your mouth shut for a brief moment?
Really enjoyed getting back towards normality, and seeing my mate that I haven't seen since before lockdown.
There is one thing I really want to know. Are the 4 cars still in a Mexican stand-off on the road by the ground?! It creased me up as I walked by them.

Yes, they were there for ages, I waited about 10 minutes while the stand off ensued. It took me about 30 minutes just to get onto South Park roundabout.

Sat in my seat just before 2pm and just soaked it all in, wonderful.
Quite emotional when the players came out to warm up and then even more so when they came out for kick off.
The next hour of football wasn't great, too many wayward passes.
Then Scully levelled with 20 minutes, 18 months of not being unable to go just went crazy and then the delight of the penalty winner even more so.
Saw a few people post match in the Imp and Angel and then the treaty for a pint and a chat, bit of normality after 18 horrible months

I didn't hear any booing the knee but I did hear laughter. On the whistle Bramall set off like a hare which triggered his marker and the pair of them made a very impressive 30 metre sprint including a side step and outside to in manoeuvre, whilst some other players were doing their gesticulating bit, and the rest got caught half and half deciding whether they should be kneeling or trying to get up alongside Bramall.
Gesticulating bit? Is that your description for taking the knee?

It felt great to be back . My last live match was Burton Albion and it seems forever ago.
Today felt like normality returning and it all went smoothly. Park the car - catch the free bus - go to the pub - go to the match - back the pub - free bus back to the car - drive home. Not a single hitch and a great day out.

Went a bit flat after their goal but in the 2nd half the crowd lifted again when Super Ted came on, and the rest, as they say, is history.