Things you thought you’d never say | Page 4 | Vital Football

Things you thought you’d never say

crooktownmags - 17/2/2018 15:34

Sadly I fear the only game Benitez is playing is waiting to enter the last year of his contract so he can quit without paying compensation.

Highly unlikely as he could command a lot more cash elsewhere plus probably get another club to pay the compensation fee.

I just think Rafa is playing clever politics by continually putting the onus on Ashley to do something and is single handedly the most important piece in the Newcastle game of chess.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 17/2/2018 16:18

Sadly I fear the only game Benitez is playing is waiting to enter the last year of his contract so he can quit without paying compensation.

Highly unlikely as he could command a lot more cash elsewhere plus probably get another club to pay the compensation fee.

Not the first time I've stated this type of patter is nonsense but here goes again.....

Benitez is currently the 15th highest paid manager in the WORLD and from that list he has managed FOUR teams.

How and why anyone who claims they love Newcastle United cannot understand the significance of these facts show what a fucking good job Michael James Wallace Ashley is doing.

You are in a very small minority of just on here PM that see that vision. Rafa is the only real obstacle in the path of Ashley and because of him can see this go one of a few ways.

Total carnage, a happy medium or a bright future.

None of these scenarios can be dictated by Rafa being anyones stooge and he isn't.

It's all political intrigue, isn't it?

Benitez is nobody's stooge. At the bare minimum, he's not prepared to pay FC back a penny. And bluntly, why should he? He knows what he's got here and he;s hanging on for better days. If not, he'll see out the appropriate part of his contract or get sacked and have his payment fulfilled. Bottom line. Fair enough. Bye bye, FC and ta for the cash.

Unfortunately, FC also knows what HE has got. Which is those who go. Right by the goolies.. Which is ironic, because I can't imagine they've got a pair amongst the lot of them.

PieMag - 17/2/2018 17:08

Toon_NoMatterWot - 17/2/2018 16:18

Not the first time I've stated this type of patter is nonsense but here goes again.....

Benitez is currently the 15th highest paid manager in the WORLD and from that list he has managed FOUR teams.

How and why anyone who claims they love Newcastle United cannot understand the significance of these facts show what a fucking good job Michael James Wallace Ashley is doing.

Do you talk shite for a living, Pie?

Do you really think if Ashley can afford, and is willing to pay, Rafa £80k a week, none of the Arabian, US or Chinese billionaire clubs is not willing to?

Do you really think if Grigorio Monzana, with one Copa del Rey to his name, can command £6.8m a year salary in China, Rafa can't?

It's not all about the perceived big clubs, yes Rafa has managed four, times change.

Just stating the facts Neppos.

If you wish to interpret them in the way your puppet master Ashley intended so be it.

By the way,If Rafa takes us down again he probably will end up on that slow boat to China and their circus super league alongside the other rejects and sell outs.

You're not necessarily stating the facts though, are you? You're just regurgitating what you've read on businessinsider.com, probably via Google.

In the same way I don't know for sure Manzano earns £6.8m a year in China, but I read it online, so it must be true, eh? And yet he doesn't even appear on your list.

The point remains, if Mike Ashley can afford and is willing to pay Rafa £4m a year, you can bet your bottom dollar someone, somewhere, would be willing to pay him more.

I am not convinced Rafa's stock in world football is quite as high as we imagine. But I am convinced he will walk out when he can. Time will tell.

His stock is certainly high, after all, he has won every UEFA and FIFA trophy available to a manager in Europe.

OK, he may have been overtaken by the likes of Guardiola but he is still a top manager.

After experiencing Ashley, nobody would blame him for walking when he can. However, although not in his mind, I can relate to the way I think he thinks, having a similar managerial approach in a different environment.

The two things missing are league titles in 2 of the countries where he has managed, here and Italy. The Premier League is perhaps the ultimate challenge. Under the right ownership, he could make NUFC his career defining milestone and we know he likes life in England.

Having said that, if not under the right ownership, there are still a few clubs where he could get sufficient resource when other managers move on.

Just an opinion but my best hope is that a takeover happens before he leaves, otherwise there will be opportunities as other managers move on, such as Klopp, Pochettino, Wenger, Allardyce or even Moyes.

Neppos - 19/2/2018 00:05

You're not necessarily stating the facts though, are you? You're just regurgitating what you've read on businessinsider.com, probably via Google.

In the same way I don't know for sure Manzano earns £6.8m a year in China, but I read it online, so it must be true, eh? And yet he doesn't even appear on your list.

The point remains, if Mike Ashley can afford and is willing to pay Rafa £4m a year, you can bet your bottom dollar someone, somewhere, would be willing to pay him more.

Here's a fact we can both agree on Neppos.

Rafa is making a good living working for a crook.
Now that's not fake news or conjecture is it ?

I have said before Pie,Rafa isnt the same as us in the fact we are fans and wouldnt go anywhere near a job working for Ashley.
Which throws support towards what you say.He is here for the money.
If he wasn't here for money and the fact he wont walk mid season,he wants to keep us up,he would have walked long ago.
Don't anyone give me the shit about here for the fans.I for one would admire him more if he walked and exposed the fat one even more than we already know.Keegan loved the fans more than anyone in football and he walked.
The club is corrupt from top to bottom.A takeover we all know will not be happening now.So at the end of the season,I will be interested in Rafas next move.I was interested in his next move after January but nothing happened.I wont hold my breath for May being any different.

Anyway back to the title of the thread.Things I never thought I would say.
Never thought I would say a fat cockney would rape the club of money and take the piss time after time and the Geordie crowd would still turn up every week and line his pockets.

markylad74 - 19/2/2018 15:42

Anyway back to the title of the thread.Things I never thought I would say.
Never thought I would say a fat cockney would rape the club of money and take the piss time after time and the Geordie crowd would still turn up every week and line his pockets.

Spot on