Things you thought you’d never say | Page 2 | Vital Football

Things you thought you’d never say

Mourinho is a massively overrated manager, look at how much he's spent and they get beat off a championship team.

Absolutely immense, fantastic team performance and deserved the points. Now we saw what they CAN do they've got no excuses. That's the performance needed for the rest of the season.

Shelvey MoM for me, normally he's a gurning idiot but today was excellent, as was Diame (Never thought I'd say that) and Dubravka looks to be a very good keeper.

Good to see a really well organised defence and a lot of effort all round. Rafa proved his worth if we can keep him.

When the euphoria dies down from a massive result, it makes you wonder what might have been this season, if Rafa had been backed to the same extent as other managers in the Premier League. All in all, we still need to get rid of the biggest negative - a fat man with the sort of morals that maintains zero hours contracts.

‘Fought like Animals.’ Now that’s what I want to
hear about my team, a sense of pride at last. I’m used to them fighting like girls.

Interesting views.

Perez was lightweight and the worst player out of what was otherwise a performance we've wanted out of any side that wears our colours. Committed from almost first whistle to last and proof that effort beats skill 999,999 times out of 1 million.

Dummett again defies the critics with another almost flawless display and Diame adds another game where he impersonated a footballer again.

Dubravka is a couple of steps up on what we have with a visible brain on him as he orders the defence around and is assured on his positioning. His hands are also strong and not of the bendy sort that Darlow and co have.

Lascelles was the stand out man of the match for me and the big worry now is that he is a shoe in for London FC.

Thought Shelvey was ok but not our best player although some of Man U's players shirked plenty of our challenges with Shelvey winning a few of these

That was a wonderful performance full of effort from start to finish, the lad in goal looked very assured. I agree Perez looked lightweight but heyho the supporters thoroughly desreved that result.

Excellent performance. I will say that Liverpool will go for this goalkeeper. He is top class. early days of course but he shows potential. If he is the 2nd or 3rd rated keeper for his parent club how good is the number 1?
For me, that was a penalty. Even Giggs agreed.
Mixed feelings for me as the owner will be basking in the glory and think that he was justified in not spending. He is a first class ****. Better not come to NZ we will skin him over here.
Hope everyone is well. Everything of the best :7:

Dummett has improved massively. Watching on the tv i thought Shelvey was immense and he deservadly got the mom. The new keeper had a stormer as well. Imagine if we had some threat up front because Gayle a championship player and Perez isnot a PL player either. Maybe the new fella up front will hit the ground running. At least we know there is nothing wrong with the team spirit and having Lejeune back in place of Clark made the back four look steadier.

Rafa made some interesting changes which paid off yet again when you didn't expect it. Lejeune instead of Clark was a plus and the on loan keeper had a tremendous game. The youngest present Premier League captain led by example with a superb performance and Tooney mentioned the thought that will be picked up by journalists who scan these threads and he will be linked with a move away.

I meant England Mac but to add, there'll be transfer talk soon enough.

To think, that Micheal Keane had an ok season for Burnley when they struggled and he went for £30m. Ashley will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of £40m+

Just back in from a few days in the glorious fells.Blencathathra full of snow.
Then another grandbairn got his head wet.Avoided the score,likely lads.
Still waiting for a protest.
But a beautiful Sunday.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 11/2/2018 17:46

Lascelles was the stand out man of the match for me and the big worry now is that he is a shoe in for London FC.

No, no, no. He's fucking shit.

There's a couple of Forest fans out there say so. :17:

Just watched the full game that id recorded on Sky and it's funny how Shelvey came across better than in the flesh and Lascelles not so much. I still stand by my original verdict but mistook Lejeune for Dummett a couple of times, so Lejeune runs Lascelles close overall.

What didn't come across was how Dabravka is so vocal in organising and has an instant command of his box. There was also no showing of the full time pitch invader that Lascelles helped disappear into the crowd as he shoed the steward away.

Where the fuck did that come from? Must have been the ghost of Sir Bobby coming back to take the mickey out of young Moringo. Made the best of under 40% possession to make a real game of it. Should have had a penalty but this is Manure. So Shelvey and Diame? Eh? Come on bys. People will expect that every week! Lejeune and Lascelles were great.

On the other hand, Manure have an interesting problem in Smalling. Not a problem but a major liability. Couldnt even manage to simulate a foul well, and, let's face it, in a Mourinho that's very well coached.

Overall? thank you lads. You played beyond yourselves - Great new goalie - Well done Rafa!

But...

FC still owns the club. And that is the one and only, single block to genuine progress.

But well done boys.