Things that you believe to be unique to your culture | Page 2 | Vital Football

Things that you believe to be unique to your culture

• Thread starter Villan Of The North
  • Start date
tarzan - 20/3/2013 21:42

Shit loads of mayo on your chips
Shwartzer Pete
Cheap strong beer

Unique? I'm not 100% sure about this but I have a good idea as my in-laws are Dutch but are those things not common to both Belgium and The Netherlands?

queuing, not mouthing off, not getting over excited about stuff, having good manners and etiquette, being proud and patriotic but maintaining some class about it, rallying together in times of crisis, the highest sporting excellence, looking after each other and being charitable, inventing stuff, being hard and not standing for any shit off jonny foreigner.

That'll should keep you going for a bit, bu thres plenty more.

Nice thought Jim but I think you have your eras mixed up :23:

Not at all mate, the vast majority of englishmen strive to maintain all the traits I listed.

You are indeed correct VOTN. I am currently living in a Flemish Belgian community. But I still like pea wet

Villan Of The North - 21/3/2013 00:48

SiggyBrownie - 20/3/2013 18:26

Villan Of The North - 20/3/2013 07:50

SiggyBrownie - 20/3/2013 17:41

Fish and chips is very popular over here as well. Especially during Lent. It is one of my favorite things to order.

But it's only traditional if they are proper thick cut chips, not french fries made of rehydrated compressed potato powder (McD style), with battered fish and should be served with salt AND vinegar :14: The Norwegian version is more like breaded fish fillet with french fries with salt and no vinegar. As I said, they try but fail.

We do have the traditional thick or steak cut chips/fries over here and the fish and chips/fries are served with salt and malt vinegar and a lemon on the side. If you want tartar sauce you can ask for it. There are several places I have had fish and chips over here that are identical to what I had over there.

Way better than here then. The concept of a chip shop is, however, I believe quite alien to the US, as is the idea of serving the afore mentioned fish and chips wrapped in paper. We Brits (and Irish) do have some wacky ideas sometimes but they can work. lol

I don't know who came up with the idea of selling fish with chips.

But it certainly looks good on paper.

Rolling a lump of cheese down a hill and 4000 idiots chasing after it,falling over eachother and breaking limbs in the process.

Clubpaver - 21/3/2013 06:43

Rolling a lump of cheese down a hill and 4000 idiots chasing after it,falling over eachother and breaking limbs in the process.
:1: :1: :1: How very true. PMSL!