Theo | Page 3 | Vital Football

Theo

Matt Green went 16 games without scoring, although he was sent off in one of those games.
He started off scoring 3 times out of the first 6 games
Now he's scored 6 out of the last 8 games

Theo will be a decent player to come off the bench. Still think we need a better striker to compete more with Green. Ideally one with better finishing.

jal jal - 6/1/2018 14:27

We can do much better than Theo Robinson he only turned up when the TV cameras were filming the games, otherwise he only scored 1 goal in 14 league games., and that is a poor return.

He got 2 in 14 league games - he scored the first at Chester (which was originally allocated incorrectly to Matt Rhead) and at home against Maidstone.

His overall scoring record was very good, with 9 in 22 games (18 starts).

The camera-only thing was suggested at the time. The fact that he performed very well against the better sides but couldn't do the same in the National League is interesting.

MaineRoad_96 - 6/1/2018 14:58

We can do much better than Theo Robinson he only turned up when the TV cameras were filming the games, otherwise he only scored 1 goal in 14 league games., and that is a poor return.

I thought we played some of our best football with him in the team. I think he would be a great addition.

Agreed!

I went to FA Cup reply against Guisley with a work colleague who is a FA qualified youth coach and he was mightly impressed with Robinson and the way he linked the team together.

Its a mute point, as he will not be returning to Sincil Bank.

Agree with the comments re Robinson: i'd be glad to have him back presuming he's still got the desire to drop down and prove himself again. Yes, he didn't score many league goals.but he gave so much. I seem to remember, as a team, we were pretty prolific with him in the team. It's not always about who gets the final touch in a goal!

Scotimp - 7/1/2018 07:18

He got 2 in 14 league games - he scored the first at Chester (which was originally allocated incorrectly to Matt Rhead) and at home against Maidstone.

His overall scoring record was very good, with 9 in 22 games (18 starts).

The camera-only thing was suggested at the time. The fact that he performed very well against the better sides but couldn't do the same in the National League is interesting.

I think part of it was that he found more space in behind against the bigger teams. Not that he only turned up against them!

Electric banana, you seem pretty sure it’s not on?

We were a better side with Robinson in it (took him a handful of games to get his eye in). Linked the play well and he probably held the ball up better than Green currently does and I think he'd be a decent enough sub to bring on for Green if needed.

He missed some sitters, though, didn't he? 3 or 4 one-on-ones IIRC and on in particular at the BM end that he skied.

Luke Imp - 6/1/2018 17:49

We were a better side with Robinson in it (took him a handful of games to get his eye in). Linked the play well and he probably held the ball up better than Green currently does and I think he'd be a decent enough sub to bring on for Green if needed.

He missed some sitters, though, didn't he? 3 or 4 one-on-ones IIRC and on in particular at the BM end that he skied.

Probably no more than Green, though. Strikers miss quite a few at this level.

I think part of Theo's game for us was his ability to run a defence ragged and tire them out - similar to Greeny. Imagine that sort of pressure for the full 90 minutes...

He was also good for pulling defenders out of position - again, similar impact to Greeny.

As long as the deal was suitable for both the club and Theo, it could work.

The Electric Banana - 6/1/2018 15:19

I went to FA Cup reply against Guisley with a work colleague who is a FA qualified youth coach and he was mightly impressed with Robinson and the way he linked the team together.

Its a mute point, as he will not be returning to Sincil Bank.

Your colleague would have had a different impression on Boxing Day at Guiseley. Seem to remember Theo getting a verbal bollaxing from Rhead, after about 10 minutes, for appearing wholly disinterested.

On balance, I'd welcome Theo back though.

(I'll not mention that it's a 'moot' rather than 'mute' point, in case anyone confuses me with Impalex)

GoBC - 6/1/2018 18:42

(I'll not mention that it's a 'moot' rather than 'mute' point, in case anyone confuses me with Impalex)

I'm waiting with baited breath for that to happen.

Barney Imp - 6/1/2018 22:48

Bazzzer - 6/1/2018 21:22

Barney Imp - 6/1/2018 20:15

Bazzzer - 6/1/2018 20:07

A decent outfit, but not in the same league as Smashem, Grabbit and Runn.

Or is that bated....?

Someone took the bait. :banana:

Hooke, Lynx and Sincker....

NottyImp - 7/1/2018 09:47

Barney Imp - 6/1/2018 22:48

Bazzzer - 6/1/2018 21:22

Barney Imp - 6/1/2018 20:15

Bazzzer - 6/1/2018 20:07

A decent outfit, but not in the same league as Smashem, Grabbit and Runn.

Or is that bated....?

Someone took the bait. :banana:

Hooke, Lynx and Sincker....

Or Reckitt, Bodgitt and Flee

And their lega! representation - Norfolk and Chance ....