Thelo ... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Thelo ...

Not hot headed ???... he's a red card waiting to happen in every match he plays. But that will be everybody else's fault as well obviously.

I didn't say he wasn't hot headed. What I said was that when I said he seemed to me to lack the discipline to play left back that I was referring to him being too hot headed and that it was about his tactical & positional discipline

Maybe he's getting more hot headed as he gets older. He gets involved in skirmishes too much and gets booked when he can't let things go and shoots his gob off...just like Saturday when he came on at 62 and needlessly booked at 73.
But that booking was not justified, in fact it was a disgrace.

But that booking was not justified, in fact it was a disgrace.

I know, poor victim. Opposition's fans fault, other teams players, referees against him.

He was booked Saturday because he unnecessarily got involved after the ref blew and gobbed off then rightly got booked.

I know, poor victim. Opposition's fans fault, other teams players, referees against him.

He was booked Saturday because he unnecessarily got involved after the ref blew and gobbed off then rightly got booked.
Grow up John your letting your sectarian bias cloud your judgment.

One worry with him is that he does seem to be quite injury prone - quite regularly seems to be missing for a couple of weeks with knocks & twinges.
And I might be wrong but wasn't he ruled for a chunk of last season too?

One worry with him is that he does seem to be quite injury prone - quite regularly seems to be missing for a couple of weeks with knocks & twinges.
And I might be wrong but wasn't he ruled for a chunk of last season too?
Most of the squad missed chunks of games last season, due to the schedule, squad depth, covid etc etc.

Most of the squad missed chunks of games last season, due to the schedule, squad depth, covid etc etc.

There's a bit of a difference between missing games due to squad depth, covid etc.. than regularly picking up injuries that keep you out for a few games at a time & then (2 seasons running) picking up an injury that rules you out for a couple/few months

EDIT - that said, I may be thinking of someone completely different about missing a big chunk of last season as I've had a look at games he was involved in & can't see any gap that looks like he missed a chunk of the season!!

There's a bit of a difference between missing games due to squad depth, covid etc.. than regularly picking up injuries that keep you out for a few games at a time & then (2 seasons running) picking up an injury that rules you out for a couple/few months

EDIT - that said, I may be thinking of someone completely different about missing a big chunk of last season as I've had a look at games he was involved in & can't see any gap that looks like he missed a chunk of the season!!
Danny Fox springs to mind, he was a bona fide sick note 🤣

Sad about The lad but Leam hasn't shown much intention of starting him, even when he could have done. A little like his mentor Cook who wouldn't play young up and coming players and stuck to his favourites.

Sad about The lad but Leam hasn't shown much intention of starting him, even when he could have done. A little like his mentor Cook who wouldn't play young up and coming players and stuck to his favourites.
Aye ..... did a reet shit job for us did Cookie. Won us the league, consolidated the following season, then finished (effectively) mid table, and left us with (in normal circumstances) millions of £s worth of talent.

Shyster.