The World Cup Thread | Page 275 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

The 2 CBs that have never been anything other than crap whenever facing a serious test fuck up and let an ancient Giroud get the run on them.

His game management is utterly appalling as well when the chips are down. The 2 subs made at first made us worse and the only give Grealish 2 minutes is criminal. Sigh.

Always thought the game would end 2-1. Just couldn't decide who to.

I thought we gave a good account of ourselves, certainly not let down or disgraced.

The pressure of taking a penalty in a game like that must be truly immense. To ask a player to do it once is something. To ask them to do it twice is too much and I felt Kane would miss that. Should have let somebody else take it.

So close and yet...

I wanted to win that and thought England might do it as well in the second half but you'd think I would have learned from experience as I feel deflated yet again.

Now back to having an intense disklike for international football (particularly so-called friendlies) as it interferes far too much with our domestic game.

I couldn't give a shit now who goes on to win it either.

Has anyone else noticed that England, playing out from the back go, Pickford to Stones, to Mcquire, to Stones, to Mcquire, to Shaw and then 98% of the time back to Mcquire, to Stones etc etc etc.
It points out one of two things to me, either Shaw has no vision, or there's no movement further forward.
FIFA are in a pickle with referee's in this competition, the later stages of any competition should be officiated by the best referee's, linesmen and VAR officials, if those are some of the best FIFA can find, for the second time in the quarter finals, WOW.