The World Cup Thread | Page 323 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

AstonBurrito

There is a video of him explaining this on Twitter where he basically says to the journo that it's never possible to pick players based on form. It's largely BS, as he's essentially saying that he'll only ever pick these players.

Wasn't Southgate's whole ethos he would only pick players on form, playing at the highest level - or has he forgotten that?

This twat could give Boris Johnson and Trump a run for their money with the crap he spouts.

If Mystic Meg got signed by Man City, she'd be in the next squad.

It's an incredibly British situation where a guy who has never done anything in football management is given the most prestigious job in the country because he has the right accent.

He then talks a great game but then delivers nothing when it matters.

He gets rewarded with a new contract and the full backing of the FA.

At some point he will get a knighthood for services to football despite never having achieved anything.

It's an incredibly British situation where a guy who has never done anything in football management is given the most prestigious job in the country because he has the right accent.

He then talks a great game but then delivers nothing when it matters.

He gets rewarded with a new contract and the full backing of the FA.

At some point he will get a knighthood for services to football despite never having achieved anything.

As is the picking of players for nothing. Latest example Toney. Done nowhere near enough to deserve international recognition. If he had produced this form over a couple of seasons then fair enough. But just this interrupted season?. Nah. Give caps out too easily and have for years. Pathetic.

Apparently there are so few English players that Southgate reckons he'll have to start picking players from the championship.

Doubt it Mr Boring Loser. You will be long gone .

Anyway. No shit sherlock. It has been obvious for years that this is the way it's been going and no one has done anything meaningful about it and its gone too far now. Premier league rules everyday and the national team is well below in the pecking order.

Seems to me the Ingerland fans that bother about the national team nowadays are in the main tourist type fans happy for a day out and selfies at Wemberley.

Last edited:

Apparently there are so few English players that Southgate reckons he'll have to start picking players from the championship.

He's covering his own arse. He won't even pick players in mid table PL let alone the Championship.

Also to the point that you made earlier, it sends out a really s*** signal to the fringe players that he has no intention of picking, in other words, the talent pool I have is so bad I'd rather go into the Championship (which he won't because he's got his favourites) than at the very least try out the likes of Dunk, March, etc etc.

Other nations with smaller talent pools seem to be able to get teams to qualify for major tournaments and do pretty well comparatively, Southgate is just getting his excuses in because he probably knows he's a rubbish manager.

Imagine if that was at Wemberley. Fresh from 12 hours drinking piss weak lager and making rivers of urine outside . The Ingerland fans throw bottles at the police, force their way inside by kidnapping disabled people and assaulting teenage girl security staff .

Once inside the Ingerland players come out to be serenaded with anti German WW2 songs and hear that the IRA can go and fuck themselves .

Would bring a tear to your eye wouldn't it.

Last edited:
It's magnificent from the Argentinian fans. They are a different level to Ingerland that's for sure.

Funny enough I was listening to an interview with Noel Gallagher the other day and he was saying that the best fans he plays infront of are hands down the Argentinian's.

It's magnificent from the Argentinian fans. They are a different level to Ingerland that's for sure.

Funny enough I was listening to an interview with Noel Gallagher the other day and he was saying that the best fans he plays infront of are hands down the Argentinian's.

AC/DC's concert at River Plate is just unbelievable for the crowd interaction.

The same applies to Manchester City's Kyle Walker, who is currently the subject of a police investigation following a newspaper allegation that he exposed himself in a bar.

"It's a complicated situation", said Southgate. "I've spoken at length with Kyle. The fact as we're sitting here is that he's back playing with his club. There is no conclusive evidence to leave him out at this stage. I think I have to be very careful about being the moral judge on things."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64982055

Shagging prostitutes during lockdown (remember the time we all had to stay in and ***** like him and Grealish did whatever the frigg they wanted?) and exposing himself, but Southgate has to be careful being a moral judge.

Ok, I'll do it for you, you lickspittle, they are vile and should not be putting on the England shirt.

Well, that was easy.
Think in the good old days ("when I wor a lad") players would be suspended until the kerfuffle had been sorted. TBF Glen Hoddle got the sack for less (it was distasteful, rather than criminal).

Don't get it anymore, so not going to get hot under the collar about it. Being angry won't change it and it won't do my blood pressure any good. Seems players can do almost anything these days. Probably could in yester year tbf but it wasn't all over the press 24/7 then either.