The World Cup Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

They just said he was injured, didnt give any specifics. I assume he must have bruised ribs. Cracked or broken ribs only heel by restricting activity and thats a 6-8 week injury so theres no way he'd be playing for England if that was the case, it would be too dangerous. A cracked rib can shatter and piece your lungs.

Also at Newcastle he either played through the pain or got injured during that match so I don't think its fair to slate him (just yet).

In fairness, Southgate would be even more of a dummy if he called him up with no intention to play him.

There are pictures of Mings giving his shirt to a fan after the Newcastle game and he seems to have strapping round his lower ribs. As far as I'm aware you wouldnt tightly strap a broker rib, so is more likely to be badly bruised.

Fuck me, some of you need to wind your necks in, I wouldn't expect this level of dumb bollocks from Alex Jones and right wing conspiracy nut jobs who peddle such crap for a pay cheque.

We can't trust the press....but we will when it suits us even though they claim something without a named source and we have absolutely no proof of anything but I thought it therefore it is.

200w.gif

Do we have to have conspiracy bollocks in basically every thread now where the club and players are all determined to fuck fans off, not win, not compete, we go out there to lose, there's no passion, they care about the opposition more than their employers because one fucking player decided to chase medals that he'll get.

Oh I forgot, Mings played 90 minutes didn't he. Oh he looked fine in the warm up which regularly sees blood and thunder challenges.

Not like he was photoed training for us ahead of Brentford either.

Shoot him, kill him now.

Guy Fawkes to B6, I repeat Guy Fawkes to B6.

Jack starts, he's never done that before has he against pointless opposition - Villa are shit.

Can't be Mings was just kept in the camp for squad building purposes even though he's clearly only ever going to be back up - Villa are shit.

Watkins wasn't called up this time, neither was Mings or Konsa - relegation material.

So, what are you saying ?
:throw:

Maybe a few others should follow your advice as this last month there's a reason I've been quieter and this is my fucking forum for the last 20 years.

It hasn't been this dark when we thought we might be heading to League One FFS.
So I'm not the only one who is noticing that. Good to know. There are a few on here who seem to be becoming the most-frequent posters who are quite frankly miserable to a level of irrational stupidity. Just in the past few weeks I've read that Dean Smith should be replaced, our club captain should f**k off, that the club is a poorly run unprofessional shambles, the medical and sports science staff don't know what they're doing and that at least half the playing squad isn't good enough. The matchday thread is an utter waste of my time nowadays. We've played THREE GAMES (four if you count the 6-0 win in the league cup) and have four points, yet we're doomed apparently.

So I'm not the only one who is noticing that. Good to know. There are a few on here who seem to be becoming the most-frequent posters who are quite frankly miserable to a level of irrational stupidity. Just in the past few weeks I've read that Dean Smith should be replaced, our club captain should f**k off, that the club is a poorly run unprofessional shambles, the medical and sports science staff don't know what they're doing and that at least half the playing squad isn't good enough. The matchday thread is an utter waste of my time nowadays. We've played THREE GAMES (four if you count the 6-0 win in the league cup) and have four points, yet we're doomed apparently.

No you are not the only one noticing.

Not so much a glass half full/empty,more a " who's nicked my f#####g pint?"
Anyway back to the match- terrible scenes last night and back to the dark ages, but FIFA will make their usual empty gesture fine/fan ban instead of doing something real about it. Mind you, not sure if anyone else noticed it, but hewhoshallnotbenamed when celebrating one of the goals picked up an empty cup and pretended to drink from it in front of their fans....braindead. Speaking of which if fans and pundits alike think he put in a good performance they've not seen him play like we have....he now looks like he's been neutered, like the rest of them under Beaky. Yes we won but it's about as inspiring as a party political broadcast.
We have some real talent available but it's like driving a sports car with the handbrake on!
But hey ho its results that matter 😏

RE: Mings injury

It’s not just about whether he played yesterday. Just 6 days prior, he couldn’t even make our bench but 2 days after this he turns up at St George’s park to train/be assessed.

It’s a lot of speculation I agree, but it doesn’t overly sit right with me. I love the fact Villa players are in the England squad, and I’m supportive of them wanting to be there and play. Ultimately though we pay for his lifestyle and there should be a level of respect for that.

If he miraculously recovered from his injury last Sunday or Monday then fair enough to a point but it doesn’t overly sit right with me that he can go from being completely out of a squad one day then training a few days later.

On Mings, his injury clearly isn't as bad as was originally thought. I hate international football more than most on here but players aren't as myopic as us, most of them want to play for their country and will put themselves forward to play if they think they are fit enough. It's just the way it is and I can completely understand it.

I am English and proud of it but I have zero interest in the England football team. I support all other England teams and if we were in the Tiddly Winks World Cup, I would be cheering them on.
Certainly in recent years the England football team is an extension of the so called 'Sky Six' and all that is bad about it. And now we have a fuckwit England coach 'engineering' players moving to said 'Sky Six' if they are to play for England.
Can't wait for the cricket to start at 11:00 👍😉

I don’t really get this Mings stuff.
Surely that’s just how the body works… bruise, it hurts a lot, it heals.
I hope he’s healing quick, as We need him back. We moan when players are not called up, can’t blame him for wanting to represent his country.

I suspect we didn’t risk him because we have what should be adequate cover. Which is what we all wanted, isn’t it?

anyone remember James Chester?

i really don’t get all the vitriol.

As for the Grealish stuff. I didn’t watch the game but saw his interview. The narrative around him needing to move to a “top” club is something that both the media and he himself seem desperate to pedal but I am so far beyond caring now.

I don’t really get this Mings stuff.
Surely that’s just how the body works… bruise, it hurts a lot, it heals.
I hope he’s healing quick, as We need him back. We moan when players are not called up, can’t blame him for wanting to represent his country.

I suspect we didn’t risk him because we have what should be adequate cover. Which is what we all wanted, isn’t it?

anyone remember James Chester?

i really don’t get all the vitriol.

As for the Grealish stuff. I didn’t watch the game but saw his interview. The narrative around him needing to move to a “top” club is something that both the media and he himself seem desperate to pedal but I am so far beyond caring now.
Unfortunately for us and for the game, it looks like Grealish *did* need to move to a Sky club for his international ambitions. Depressing and predictable.

Unfortunately for us and for the game, it looks like Grealish *did* need to move to a Sky club for his international ambitions. Depressing and predictable.

I don't disagree but, there were plenty England players starting for us in the Euros that were not at such a club. Grealish clearly wanted to go for a while and we just have to move on. England is now "the Grealish show" but we are Aston Villa, innit. :grinning:

Edit: what I should have said is, i don't disagree entirely... meaning, it was predictable yes that he would start this game as southgate is entirely predictable as a manager. But, he has started games before against lower opposition. Time will tell on that front.

I mean not to poo poo everyones meltdown but I played rugby the following week when i had a broken rib..It can be done, although this is professional football and I do realise that you break a nail these days and you could be back this week or you could be back after christmas :shrug:

On the World Cup; I’m watching as I always do and hope we win it (as I always have done). Corruption put paid to Blatter (many years too late) but venue should have been changed.
On Mings: Good he’ll be fit and available for selection against Chelsea then.
On Grealish: Started by irrationally wanting him to be anonymous but his football won me over in the end
On the match; Vileness in the crowd but the result stuffed it up them in the best way possible. Liked the way they ignored the coffee mugs raining down as well.
On Gareth and Grealish; In the euros he played a team that he thought gave
England the best chance of winning, it didn’t work because we hadn’t enough attacking flair. In possibly his final years with England he has added extra flair. No point in repeating the same mistakes.
…Doubt if I’ll watch Andorra unless on in the background but will watch Poland match.
But the cricket at the Oval is great btw!