The World Cup Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

Unfortunately for us and for the game, it looks like Grealish *did* need to move to a Sky club for his international ambitions. Depressing and predictable.
I agree but he is no better a player as a result of his 3 weeks at Abu Dhabi FC. He was grudgingly played in the Euros mainly due to press and media pressure - read my other post and you will get an indication of where I am coming from.
Now he is a $ky6 player he is a shoe in - fucking stinks. Surely football should be a meritocracy.

Well our ex No.10 certainly wasn't picked on current form , so the only assumption I can make is that having signed for Oilchester he automatically gets picked regardless.

I also can't help thinking that Southgate is a petty and vindictive person , who no doubt has been given some abuse in the summer from Villa fans and is now thinking he is getting some sort of revenge.

Watched a bit of snake last night. Seemed he was following the ball a lot, like he used to with us before last year. Don't think that's what Pep wants.

Re his interview, seems he's had the leave for a top club mindset for some time. He's not the brightest. Given that, he wasn't our future, so glad he's gone and we can carry on building.

Well our ex No.10 certainly wasn't picked on current form , so the only assumption I can make is that having signed for Oilchester he automatically gets picked regardless.

I also can't help thinking that Southgate is a petty and vindictive person , who no doubt has been given some abuse in the summer from Villa fans and is now thinking he is getting some sort of revenge.
Amazing transformation he now starts on the left and Sterling on the right apparently that couldn't happen 3 months ago, as Sterling can't play on the right .

Well after listening to the Man City No 10’s ITV interview he thinks he’s already improved no end in the 4 weeks he’s been at his new club, surrounded by so much wonderful talent! I’m sure his old team mates are delighted to hear such bollocks! The bloke is going to get absolute pelters when he returns. He’s as thick as two short planks. I see Ashley Preece in the Mail has written a pretty damning piece about him today in the light of what he said and how he came across in that interview. ‘Smug, arrogant and distasteful…’my city, my club, my release clause’…..pretty spot on I’d say.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/jack-grealish-aston-villa-england-21473066

Well after listening to the Man City No 10’s ITV interview he thinks he’s already improved no end in the 4 weeks he’s been at his new club, surrounded by so much wonderful talent! I’m sure his old team mates are delighted to hear such bollocks! The bloke is going to get absolute pelters when he returns. He’s as thick as two short planks. I see Ashley Preece in the Mail has written a pretty damning piece about him today in the light of what he said and how he came across in that interview. ‘Smug, arrogant and distasteful…’my city, my club, my release clause’…..pretty spot on I’d say.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/jack-grealish-aston-villa-england-21473066

Yup. Pretty much how I have felt about his comments since he left. Everytime he opens his mouth about the move , he makes things worse. It's going to be a pretty unpleasant experience for him when we play them at Villa Park I reckon.

Yup. Pretty much how I have felt about his comments since he left. Everytime he opens his mouth about the move , he makes things worse. It's going to be a pretty unpleasant experience for him when we play them at Villa Park I reckon.

Yep…seems to be getting more distasteful every time he talks about it. If you’d have asked me when he’d left whether I’d boo him on his return, I’d have said no…4 weeks on after hearing him drone on last night, I’ll be leading the boos as soon as he comes out for the bloody warm up!

Yep…seems to be getting more distasteful every time he talks about it. If you’d have asked me when he’d left whether I’d boo him on his return, I’d have said no…4 weeks on after hearing him drone on last night, I’ll be leading the boos as soon as he comes out for the bloody warm up!
I have to say that I posted a while back that I would take pride in the part that we, as a club had played in Jacks career and give him a warm round of applause when he returned to VP.
I am not bitter at him for moving, he had to do what he felt was best for his career and his future.
However, every time this idiot opens his mouth that round of applause is less likely to come from me, or anyone else.
Just shut up Jack and play football, you are beggining to sound more like Harry and Megan with every stupid comment.

Probably the best place?

Sky Sports News has been told that the two clubs only allowed Emiliano Buendia and Emiliano Martinez (Villa) and Cristian Romero and Giovani Lo Celso (Spurs) to go on international duty on the understanding they would be released by Argentina immediately after Sunday's big World Cup qualifier against Brazil.
However, Argentina head coach Lionel Scaloni claims he is totally unaware of the agreement and said they would all be available also for next Thursday's game against Bolivia.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...na-over-availability-of-international-players

Assuming this isn't Sky putting 2+2 together as I don't know if Spurs struck the same agreement or not.

Scaloni is coming off like a total twat - he's not aware of two agreements?

The genius negotiator is having the same problems we are.

Could we possibly have a whip round to hire the scumbag from the Sty for the day? I'm sure he'd give him a nice reception 🤔

Maybe a few others should follow your advice as this last month there's a reason I've been quieter and this is my fucking forum for the last 20 years.

It hasn't been this dark when we thought we might be heading to League One FFS.

It's like a dripping tap which could easily be turned off but isn't. No subject is too good that it can't be turned into a narrow negative comment. Again and again.

I think we need to be realistic. We've lost a player we have built our entire play around over the past few years. This presents massive tactical challenges. This player is also a very high profile one and was very much the 'man' at the club. This will have further impacts.

We had a rotten preseason, a lot of it driven by the loss of Grealish but we also lost some key coaching staff.

We have been very unlucky with injuries and fitness issues. We have had further bad luck with the Martinez/ Buendia situation.

This season will take us longer to get going and we have a lot of new players to bed in. Expectations should not be especially high as far as I'm concerned. Now I'm sure if Smith cannot get a tune out of these new players then the owners will find someone who can and will do this season if necessary. But we can cross that bridge when we get to it. At this stage he deserves the chance to take us forward. He is more than in credit with us based on what he has done here.