The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 73 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

Looked way short from day 1 - but let's not forget we had unexpectedly crash landed in the prem with a bunch of loans and ageing players. We were pretty desperate for players
Assembling a squad pretty much from scratch and keeping us in the prem is a forgotten and underrated achievement.

I don't think you can underestimate how hard it must have been for a 22 year old to come into that team and be expected to be the main goalscorer that we're basically hanging our hat on. We had a very young and very inexperienced squad where the only players with any proper premier league experience were Heaton, Elmo, Targett and Neill Davis. Everyone else had made a handful of appear most. I mean Wesleys backup was Keinan Davis ffs.

I doubt he would have been good enough long term but in terms of goals he'd got 5 at the halfway point of the season. I'm fairly certain that he'd have got to double figures which in reality isn't bad in a team that struggled. Our top scorer that season was Grealish with 7 and the strikers that came in for him scored 1 league goal between them after his injury.

So yes Ollie would have replaced him and we'd probably have sold him for a loss to a club in Germany or the Netherlands. But thanks to Ben Mee his careers basically fucked. If I were him I'd try the MLS or even the A league. Somewhere with a far slower pace and less physicality. I wish him good luck though, the poor sods going to need it.

I don't think you can underestimate how hard it must have been for a 22 year old to come into that team and be expected to be the main goalscorer that we're basically hanging our hat on. We had a very young and very inexperienced squad where the only players with any proper premier league experience were Heaton, Elmo, Targett and Neill Davis. Everyone else had made a handful of appear most. I mean Wesleys backup was Keinan Davis ffs.

I doubt he would have been good enough long term but in terms of goals he'd got 5 at the halfway point of the season. I'm fairly certain that he'd have got to double figures which in reality isn't bad in a team that struggled. Our top scorer that season was Grealish with 7 and the strikers that came in for him scored 1 league goal between them after his injury.

So yes Ollie would have replaced him and we'd probably have sold him for a loss to a club in Germany or the Netherlands. But thanks to Ben Mee his careers basically fucked. If I were him I'd try the MLS or even the A league. Somewhere with a far slower pace and less physicality. I wish him good luck though, the poor sods going to need it.

Yeah I was thinking the MLS would be a good option for him, he's still only 27, he could score goals there until he's 47.

He was absolute dog shit for us and I'm absolutely gob smacked a 2nd tier club would risk signing him permanently, coz now he's broken dog shit....

But on a human level I hope he does well. No player deserves their career ruined by a bad tackle no matter how shit they are.

Just call me nostrodamus.

Released by Stoke.

You have to feel sorry for this lad.

He may not of made it at Premier League standard but the kid sure had a future at Championship level.

Destroyed by Ben Mee's tackle.
On the one hand yes but on the other hand he's got to pursue his dream on the biggest stage and get paid a fucking fortune for it.

I reckon he'll be okay.

On the one hand yes but on the other hand he's got to pursue his dream on the biggest stage and get paid a fucking fortune for it.

I reckon he'll be okay.

I don't know what he was on with us but a £20m signing must have been on at least £2m a year x 4 years.