The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century

We need to play our own game but we need to be weary of them coming out and playing the blunts 2nd leg, Luton, B'muff second half, thats our weakness, we can't resort to lumping it to no one, although Davies is a better target man than Surridge. I just hope we have the mental strength and tactical nous to pull some strings and switch things up a bit more than previous hard fought wins.

I did think the larger size of Wembley would help us here but Google's saying it's pretty much the same size as the WFCG? Maybe it's the camera angles, since I was a kid it always appeared a huge pitch.

We need to play our own game but we need to be weary of them coming out and playing the blunts 2nd leg, Luton, B'muff second half, thats our weakness, we can't resort to lumping it to no one, although Davies is a better target man than Surridge. I just hope we have the mental strength and tactical nous to pull some strings and switch things up a bit more than previous hard fought wins.

I did think the larger size of Wembley would help us here but Google's saying it's pretty much the same size as the WFCG? Maybe it's the camera angles, since I was a kid it always appeared a huge pitch.
Honestly in those losses you mention condition was probably the biggest factor. You can really notice it when our players aren't at 100%, they seem to need 2 extra touches on the ball and it completely ruins our game and gives the opposition too many chances.
Its not a particularly helpful thing to say, but I just think we need to turn up on the day, and when we do we're pretty much unplayable.

I agree pretty much with I am a tree, if we turn up, that is to say play the game with a positive but calm belief that we will play the way Forest can, with no ‘headless chicken’ football, we will win.

Last edited:

WFCG always was much wider than most grounds including Wembley. Billy Davies narrowed it to enlarge managers area but also to assist his % game. A wide pitch could assist our play but could advantage better teams. On the whole a narrower pitch helps teams to defend.

Luton were all over Huddersfield in the 2nd leg. Just couldn't get a goal.

Our man Rhodes steps up then and scores.

Spanish Grand Prix today; loads of cars were having all sorts of problems with the extreme heat, which is way higher than usual.

Between that and COVID, good luck to them. Happy with our squad staying at home, staying in routine and having a laugh Axe throwing

I agree. Temperatures are 15 degrees above normal apparently

Worth pointing out that we are highly likely to be in our away kit for this game.

Huddersfield are the designated home team and have chosen to wear their home blue and white stripes. But their white shorts are a clash, and we don't have red shorts this season as an alternative.

So unless they are going for red shirts and black or yellow shorts, it seems likely we'll be going for our "lucky" yellow and orange kit.

Shame we can't wear our home red, but maybe we are better treating it as an away game- we tend to be excellent away

Worth pointing out that we are highly likely to be in our away kit for this game.

Huddersfield are the designated home team and have chosen to wear their home blue and white stripes. But their white shorts are a clash, and we don't have red shorts this season as an alternative.

So unless they are going for red shirts and black or yellow shorts, it seems likely we'll be going for our "lucky" yellow and orange kit.

Shame we can't wear our home red, but maybe we are better treating it as an away game- we tend to be excellent away

Its already been announced we are in garibaldi red

Didnt realise udders had so many bitter pills.

Think it is fairly even myself and could go either way.

Not sure the spurs fans feel the same way when they played them

Its been confirmed as red

Didn't see that; surprises me as we can't wear white shorts.

We've worn red shorts before. We don't have any as part of our kit but they aren't hard to produce I suppose
Just read on twitter that apparently two teams can play in the same colour shorts- you have to make a request to the match official, "whose consent shall not be unreasonably withheld".

Sounds good.

I don't have a new short so I've bought one of the red playoff Depeche mode t shirts to go in