The Vital World Cup thread. Comment, argue, debate... | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Vital World Cup thread. Comment, argue, debate...

This ref is going to be a problem. He will likely ruin the game. He likes his whistle WAAAAAYYY too much

Great stuff in that 1st half, the only worry is that these dirty bastards could put someone out for the rest of the tournament.

I would certainly test the chavs over Loftus Cheek. He has some really good skill sets that would work well for us.

They will never play him. If he had any sense he would demand a move.

At last ......a referee who knew the rules and wasn't afraid to use them . Credit where it is due to him .
Thought Southgate and his team deserve credit as well . Keeping Sterling on , even though he had forgotten how to control the ball, leaves him free to not play him against Belgium . Also thought Rose looked very rusty

They caused us problems. A better team could have been 2 up before we even scored.

Thing is though RD, both games have been played with just Henderson in the defensive role, and although I think he's played OK, he's not exactly cover for the back.

I think we'll see a slight change when we face better opposition, maybe Dier and Henderson , but definitely not so open in the middle.

I would certainly test the chavs over Loftus Cheek. He has some really good skill sets that would work well for us.

They will never play him. If he had any sense he would demand a move.
Would be a better fit than Barclay ever would have been . He played well for Palace last season

A great result albeit against a poor side ...we have beaten no one of note yet....see how we fare against Belgium before getting carried away...and I still do not rate Sterling and his lack of finishing...