The Vital Villa Music Thread

"God created music and said it was good....."
"Then he created Nightwish and he smiled for it was great....."
"Then God created Floor Jansen and he dropped the mic...."
"For he had created Perfection"

(Floor is the lead vocal)

Floor Jansen
5 months ago
"Shoemaker" is not about a man making shoes. It is about Eugene Shoemaker. I can totally recommend you to Google him. He has a very remarkable and beautiful story that inspired Tuomas to write a song about him. It is a very irregular song so it doesn't have a very typical structure. It was very tricky to sing! The complexity in the melodies and the verses were really wild, tricky for me. It was properly challenged! And towards the end when he goes up into the stars there is an operatic part. Nailing this was a challenge as it needed the right balance. It took a while, a lot of takes but then it became one of my personal highlights on the album. Hope you all enjoy it!

It's Friday and time to peace the f*ck out.

I love Bring Me The Horizon, one of my all time favourite bands - especially for training to their heavier stuff.

But this is a total departure and hauntingly beautiful.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
What's that you say " a new AC/DC album, is it any good"

What the f*ck do you think, of course it is!

At a shit time for all of us, we need balls out rock n roll. I do anyway.

For the last couple of hours I've been on youtube watching fresh reaction videos of Nightwish. It's so cool watching and listening to their reactions when they have their first Floorgasms.

I feel an old hand now. I have 2 Nightwish T shirts and tickets to see them and that's within about 7 weeks of joining the Nightwish worldwide army.