The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 438 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Saw Biohazard almost 20 years ago, in fact it was the day after 9/11 and considering they're New Yorkers it was a pretty emotionally charged gig.

Somehow later that night the band ended up in a friend of ours' flat where they hung out for a few hours. Drink and drugs? Nope, just glasses of water and some food. Total straight edge. Really cool dudes.

I bought this single from a second-hand shop in 1975 - It always reminds me of the year 1975 itself and moving from Birmingham to Bournemouth to live permanently.

Being a seaside town and the locals always seeing people come and go meant Bournemouth was full of clicky little circles-of-friends and man it was a lonely place to be for a 20-year-old guy but a few months later I got a job and life changed completely and it turned out to be the best life-changing decision I would ever make as I went on to make some of the best friends and girlfriends you could wish for.

Last edited:
The new Tool album knocks Taylor Swift off the No.1 spot on the Billboard 200 and her fans (half of which probably weren't even born the last time Tool released an album) are going into meltdown :lol:

Not bad for an album of whose 6 "real" tracks, none come in at less than 10 minutes long. There's life in prog rock/metal yet.

And yeah, the album was worth the wait. But as with most Tool stuff it will probably take 2 years to fully appreciate.

Three of the greatest "heavy rock" ballads ever written bar none. FACT :grinning:

Had the good fortune of seeing Judas Priest in a small venue twice as a 15 year old lad in 1976. The first two albums played live, before the leather and cliches - what a pleasure. Had an astonishing vocal range did Rob Halford.