The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 434 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

The last muse album. Awful. Sent it back.

The last Linkin Park album. Poor pop album from a great rock band.

The last bring me the horizon album, they've also gone pop. It has grown on me a bit but should have been a side project.

The return album for Dio with Sabbath, mob rules and heaven & hell were immense, this was not.

The acoustic life album by the foo fighters. They lost everything that makes them great on it.

Bauhaus - I remember rushing to get the 7" picture disc of She's In Parties. Then there were the incredible concerts by The Mission [Beyond The Pale was my favourite], The Sisters Of Mercy and early All About Eve - just awesome. I remember one night I went to see them at the Royal Albert Hall - had a great balcony position but thought I'd go for a little walk. Went downstairs and started walking around the circular corridor - just before they came on this was. I came across this door, peeked through it and f**k me right in front of me was the stage. I thought wtf and walked in and just leant against the left side of the stage - nobody said a thing and I had the best view imaginable for the whole concert - magic it was, watching Tim Bricheno and Andy Cousin play guitar and listening to trhe crystal vocals of Julianne Regan - and to be so close to the action, unforgettable

Merged the VV Music, the Song of the Day and the What Album threads - my tiny mind can't keep up with three different music threads I'm afraid.

All your music, in one handy, easy-to-find place.

Today, I will mostly be listening to Bombalurina.

Merged the VV Music, the Song of the Day and the What Album threads - my tiny mind can't keep up with three different music threads I'm afraid.

All your music, in one handy, easy-to-find place.

Today, I will mostly be listening to Bombalurina.

Hopefully we can avoid it just being a list of albums in this case. Always found that thread boring, but like talking about music. What we are all playing as a list is a bit uninspiring peops and maybe has had its day?

Hopefully we can avoid it just being a list of albums in this case. Always found that thread boring, but like talking about music. What we are all playing as a list is a bit uninspiring peops and maybe has had its day?

*frantically looking for the un-merge button* :ROFLMAO:

No, I credit our folks with enough about them to just chat shit about music.

Not usually my cup of tea but these two Dublin lads have exploded on the scene with their own brand of Irish hippity hop. It's obviously meant to be comedic but as it as nowadays whingers are kicking up a fuss about them being "offensive".

They've completely sold out the 3Arena, which is pretty phenomenal considering they've made a following through Youtube, and don't even have an album out yet.

Hip Hop and Grime are definitely the musical mediums of choice for the disenfranchised element of Gen Z I think. Rock music seems to belong to us old people and the middle classes.

The rise of the internet and consequential death of mono culture (mass shared experiences in the manner of punk, rave Brit Pop etc) has undoubtedly changed the musical landscape.

Hip Hop and Grime are definitely the musical mediums of choice for the disenfranchised element of Gen Z I think. Rock music seems to belong to us old people and the middle classes.

The rise of the internet and consequential death of mono culture (mass shared experiences in the manner of punk, rave Brit Pop etc) has undoubtedly changed the musical landscape.

It is strange how quickly the landscape has all changed.

The whole free sharing thing was always destined to have consequences and it did big time for artists who are not already loaded. Even a band I was in could have made far more money from a few sales of an EP, but it was downloaded 500 times for free. We made 20 quid back after investing over a grand, despite it getting great reviews in the local scene.

On the flipside, people can get successful now from just things like Youtube, without record deals or radio play. Just like the 2 lads I posted, they stuck some videos on Youtube (with a bit of effort it has to be said, the videos look good) and in November they're playing in front 13,000 people at Ireland biggest indoor venue in a gig that was sold out in hours. It's crazy.