The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 435 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Really enjoyed the four part series PUNK shown recently on Sky Arts I think. Looked at the genre from the late 60's through to current times. This top tune from 1988 popped up. Lyrics are spot on, even today.

9/15 but in all honesty, I think I knew 2, the rest were lucky guess.

Ordered my first new album in months. Slipknot. Should be nice and chilled out! Used to have at least 5-10 cds a month, sometimes more, nowadays, there is just nothing come out that interests me. Sad times.

I got four and they were all guess's. Did'nt recognise any of them. Does that make me old.

Shows how the internet has changed and diluted the visibility of stardom I think. Through out the 20th Century, through a more limited media, stars of the day were more readily recognisable to all IMO.

My postman mentioned these and said they sounded a bit like Led Zeppelin which is rather an understatement. Not my cup of tea but might be somebody's on here.

If were talking decent, young bands: my daughter recommended these Irish lads. Good to know that I've brought her up properly. :clap:

I probably should know who they are, but have never heard of them. Shows how out of the loop I am, apart having a fondness for those two rapping chavs that Melon Donkey is a big fan of, lol.

Same thing today at home where my mam and sister were playing some new guy, and they couldn't believe I hadn't heard about him.

I think I've lost a lot of interest in seeking out current music to be honest.