The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 397 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Phantogram - Three 2016.
Only a handful of new artists have made a significant impression on me in the 21st Century. Phantogram are one such example of modern electronic pop for grown ups.

Phantogram_-_Three.jpg

On the "meet the fans" thread, conversation strangely turned to Dr Feelgood. As a result, JF posted a dodgy looking hair metal video by Motley Crue, Twisted Sister or the like. Can't have that:eek!:

So here's the real thing, one of the first and best live bands I ever saw. Live from their spiritul home, the one and only Dr Feelgood.:clap::clap:

Last edited:
Kaiser Chiefs: Employment.

When I think back to when this came out in 2005 I introduced it to my kids who at the time were 11 and 9 and I felt good how well it went down!

I Still play it today and in my opinion, it's the best album they released but that often happens with bands first released albums.

download (1).jpg

Early albums continued...........

Album no.7 The Psychomodo - Cockney Rebel 1974

Thepsychomodo.jpg

By the end of 1973, glam had almost reached its peak, Bowie had "retired" Ziggy at the Hammersmith Odeon, (on my 12th birthday!), to the screams and wails of the masses. But fear not, the now established rule of two singles had introduced a new set of freaks to add to my growing collection. In 74, the fairground stomp of the singles Judy Teen and Mr Soft introduced the world to Steve Harley.

Resplendant in bowler hat and eye make up, lifted from the cult book and film, A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess and Stanley Kubrick, a cocky, sneering Harley led the original Rebel, who offered a unique new sound, dominated not by guitar but with violin, Fender Rhodes and lush orchestration to the fore.

In this household, the often overlooked debut album "The Human Menagarie - 1973" (discovered retrospectively) and this album are classics of the era that remain essential today. The band imploded on the release of this album, and despite the timeless response to the break up that was Harley's swansong, Make Me Smile,(Come up and see me) he never replicated the swagger and energy of the original Rebel sound again.

Last edited:
Tonight is Bowie night in the office, a collection of live tracks will pass a couple of hours :bow: Bless his soul.

Chimes, goddamn, you're looking old
You'll freeze and catch a cold
'Cause you've left your coat behind
Take your time

Fking classics