The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Love that album heretic, reminds me of a very good holiday in Rhodes and much naughtiness lol

Don't think they ever quite matched their debut really

Amazing how the volume of music is important. Played a few of the led zep fairly loud this week, others lower whilst working. The lower volume plays made them sound whiney!

The Fear - 2/6/2012 19:41

Lol, no, lived in Four Oaks at the time.

You one of mr benhams mates!?

I haven't had the privilege of admission to the Vital Villa inner circle (which reminds me, I haven't seen Benham around - hope he's doing well).

Benham mentioned it in his 'Fear's Media Roadshow' thread - it tickled you so I thought I'd bring it up again.

The Fear - 2/6/2012 19:44

Amazing how the volume of music is important. Played a few of the led zep fairly loud this week, others lower whilst working. The lower volume plays made them sound whiney!

Love the Zep myself. Physical Graffiti was my first and it's still magnificent.

If you go onto Youtube, some folks have put up a video (or two) showing how the Zep lifted so much of their stuff and passed it off as their own (The Lemon Song is a virtual carbon copy).

Still love them.

Another good album (talking 90s here) was Faith No More's 'Angel Dust.'

'Everything's Ruined' is a terrific track - love their cover of 'I'm Easy' too.

Am I getting crotchety, or was it all much better when I were a lad?

Top band, you heard Last Shadow Puppets and also the rascals and his solo Miles Kane albums Green?

If you love the Arctic Monkeys I'd be shocked if you don't like them. Last Shadows is a classic.

I'm listening to Lonely Are The Brave by Maverick Sabre at the moment. He's one of the up-and-coming names in rap although he can play the guitar and his music isn't really rap in the stereotypical sense, he sounds quite soulful.