The Villa Park Pitch | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Villa Park Pitch

Melon Donkey - 27/1/2018 12:55

What a dump!

Sat in there for 1990 Inter milan game. Right in line with Kent Nielson when he hit that shot .
Boom.
Only just seen this, yes Melon what a dump. I had forgotten just how bad parts of Villa Park had become.
I also sat in there for the Inter game. The one and only time in my 55 years of watching the Villa.
I have also never sat in the Doug Ellis,but thats on principal because of his name on it.

What a ground.

Those floodlights were a ting of beauty , when they were on for a night game they were awesome and you could see the AV from miles away. Used to make the hairs on my neck stand up.

Not sure pvb. That Sunderland game was on a warm sunny day. I remember because of the size of the crowd (57,000 officially) but I reckon well over 60,000 and people were fainting left right and centre. On th at picture it doesn't loook sunny enough.

My first thought was the Glasgow Rangers "friendly"

sirdennis - 29/1/2018 19:54

Not sure pvb. That Sunderland game was on a warm sunny day. I remember because of the size of the crowd (57,000 officially) but I reckon well over 60,000 and people were fainting left right and centre. On th at picture it doesn't loook sunny enough.

My first thought was the Glasgow Rangers "friendly"

I thought maybe that Rangers game, but if you look at this 'clip' [see link below] at -1.07secs & -0.45 secs, you will see that the advertisement over the Witton Lane stand next to the central Ansells Bittermen You Can't Beat'em, towards The Holte, you will see that the pic posted by pvb is different.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-violence-photos-your-7915772

Plenty of free fertiliser this season courtesy of the new owners , I've resisted the temptation to say there will be enough shit played on it to keep it looking good this season