The Video Games Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Video Games Thread

The only games I've really got stuck into in the past few years are the 4 Uncharted ones on PS4.

I dabble with FIFA occasionally.

Before that it was GTA but not played that in 6 years I reckon.

Used to love playing on the playstation but just don't have the time anymore.

Did anyone else get a Switch? I got one two Christmases ago from my family. I like it, but I do find the choice of games limiting.

Skyrim runs nicely on it, if anyone wants a bit of mobile swordplay.

Never been into smaller devices, but the Switch did look interesting. Did Zelda have the biggest open world ever or something? That's cool and everything but port it over to a proper device!

The only games I've really got stuck into in the past few years are the 4 Uncharted ones on PS4.

I dabble with FIFA occasionally.

Before that it was GTA but not played that in 6 years I reckon.

Used to love playing on the playstation but just don't have the time anymore.

Uncharted are some of the most fun games ever. The Tomb Raider reboot series that came out a few years ago is very similar, probably both have influenced each other over the years.

I'm 45 the week after next . I can't help but feel I'm too old to be involved in gaming.

My only recent gaming contribution was the other night.
Junior 1 was playing an old Fifa. Fifa 16, he was playing as Villa and inexplicably had Hutton on the bench and Bacuna right back. He was ordered to put Hutton on immediately. :lol:
I still have an acute sense of loss every time I read his name.

Last edited:
Deus Ex is one of my favourite games ever, just looking back at this it's no wonder I'm such a conspiracy nut. I didn't even notice half of this when I was playing.

The game was released in 2000, one of the first noticeable things was the New York skyline missing the Twin Towers. In the game, they were blown up by terrorists. Obviously a coincidence (I think it was due to some engine limitations ie. cropping) but there's a lot of mad shit in that game.

The make me feel travel sick. Unless they can solve that, then I can't see them talking off.

I can't even imagine how much it will evolve over the next few years.

I think they might have the power to do good for certain mental conditions and phobias. I was playing Batman Arkham VR, and the part where you get lowered into the bat cave is terrifying for me because I hate heights. My knees were shaking and I almost had a panic attack, I had to take off the headset a few times much to my friends amusement.

It's incredible the kind of sensations that can happen in your body from just standing in a living room wearing a headset. Surely they must be harnessing that kind of thing in psychology, therapy etc.?