The Unai Emery Thread | Page 235 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Now I'm wondering, did Unai figure out that if we got a draw off Chelsea and they beat Spurs, we'd be better off than if we beat them and then Spurs beat them?

I expected us to hammer Chelsea. They have been shit this season with their group of petulant children. Unai said 'Lads, give them the ball. Don't press them. Let them have it as much as they want.'

We go 2-0 up and Unai is thinking 'shit'. He takes off our two best players with 'injuries' to give Chelsea a little confidence boost and let's them get back into the game so they only come away with a point but they feel like they should have won.

They will be bang up for it on Thursday night against Spurs, exactly as Unai planned it.

Unai plays 3D chess to relax after work.

Now I'm wondering, did Unai figure out that if we got a draw off Chelsea and they beat Spurs, we'd be better off than if we beat them and then Spurs beat them?

I expected us to hammer Chelsea. They have been shit this season with their group of petulant children. Unai said 'Lads, give them the ball. Don't press them. Let them have it as much as they want.'

We go 2-0 up and Unai is thinking 'shit'. He takes off our two best players with 'injuries' to give Chelsea a little confidence boost and let's them get back into the game so they only come away with a point but they feel like they should have won.

They will be bang up for it on Thursday night against Spurs, exactly as Unai planned it.

Unai plays 3D chess to relax after work.
nah Chelsea will go tits up and the spurs will hammer them

This is why he is elite.

Puts no pressure on the replacements, never suggesting we have a disaster and the incoming players are somehow second rate or just sticking plasters.

Fucking love him.

Never have I felt so calm in spite of what is undoubtedly a never ending injury crisis with yet another spanner in the works. He's found a way all season long, he will find a way to at least give us the best chance possible of seeing this through.

I think he's a bit unique in this way. There's no other manager in the league doing this, all of them are a bunch of whiners by comparison. I'm sure privately he is cursing our luck a bit but really where does complaining get you.... generally nowhere.

Even the likes of Pep complaining about the scheduling of games, you might think he's doing it because City will get preferential fixtures in the future. But they won't, even for them. He will be complaining again next year. It's boring and a little bit pathetic.

Never have I felt so calm in spite of what is undoubtedly a never ending injury crisis with yet another spanner in the works. He's found a way all season long, he will find a way to at least give us the best chance possible of seeing this through.

I think he's a bit unique in this way. There's no other manager in the league doing this, all of them are a bunch of whiners by comparison. I'm sure privately he is cursing our luck a bit but really where does complaining get you.... generally nowhere.

Even the likes of Pep complaining about the scheduling of games, you might think he's doing it because City will get preferential fixtures in the future. But they won't, even for them. He will be complaining again next year. It's boring and a little bit pathetic.
IMO he'll probably acknowledge it at the end of the season when its all said and done if we achieve CL and the Cup. Amazing achievements, we never complained, it was a hard year missing so many players and I've never seen anything like it but these players have given it everything, blah blah blah.

When I was younger I actually liked being snookered..I liked the challenge of getting out of them. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually enjoys the injuries and how to solve the issues.

When I was younger I actually liked being snookered..I liked the challenge of getting out of them. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually enjoys the injuries and how to solve the issues.
That sounds like something that should be on a dodgy Japanese dungeon website.

We have to seriously ask what on earth is going on with all these injuries though. It's can't just be unlucky because we have been suffering these long term injuries for a while. Before emery. There must be an underlying reason.

We have to seriously ask what on earth is going on with all these injuries though. It's can't just be unlucky because we have been suffering these long term injuries for a while. Before emery. There must be an underlying reason.
Weak millennials Col, don't make 'em like they used to :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

To be serious, pitches have plastic in them now, don't know whether that is an issue. Many more games played by fitter athletes at a higher intensity for longer periods. Many potential reasons, but it maybe something as simple as bad luck.

Weak millennials Col, don't make 'em like they used to :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

To be serious, pitches have plastic in them now, don't know whether that is an issue. Many more games played by fitter athletes at a higher intensity for longer periods. Many potential reasons, but it maybe something as simple as bad luck.
I wonder if its a knock-on from the Winter World Cup. This season has been a freak season, half the clubs in the league have had months-long injury crises. Brentford lost half their squad, Wolves have been playing kids up front and in midfield. Newcastle resorting to giving Matt Ritchie games and of course ourselves.