The Unai Emery Thread | Page 85 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

It makes absolutely no difference who Unai signs really. His record speaks for itself and if he wants players who we go " meh" about so what? He's proved he can build a " team " with people we'd instantly dismiss so I'll trust that he knows what he's doing and building a side that, on paper anyway or star appeal, will be greater than the sum of its parts.

It makes absolutely no difference who Unai signs really. His record speaks for itself and if he wants players who we go " meh" about so what? He's proved he can build a " team " with people we'd instantly dismiss so I'll trust that he knows what he's doing and building a side that, on paper anyway or star appeal, will be greater than the sum of its parts.
100% this, saw people on this site screaming for Steve Bruce - "proper football man" and demanding we sign a proper striker like Danny Ings.

We as uneducated fans, have very little clue who are good managers and players, let alone building a functioning Premier League team. I thought Gerrard would have a chance, having listened to a podcast on his style etc - not a scooby bloomin doo have I :silly:

It frustrates that we never seem to get a top coach and available funds.

Right now we have a coach we dare not dream of a few months ago. But so far the players linked aren't a step up from previous signings.

Swapping Luca Digne for Moreno - or Delefou for Watkins may get us excited for a few weeks - but ain't going to worry the bigger clubs.

Wanna be a big club ? - get a top coach and give him funds.

I know what you mean, there is a part of me that wants to see a certain calibre of player however I think that will come in time. To some degree this is modus operandi for Emery. He's going to bring in some no-frills professionals to get the job done but he also brings through youth and has brought in bigger names too.

This is a notoriously tricky time so while I wasn't initially please with the idea of Delafeou, I have come around. We really lack players who can keep the ball and in general lack attacking options. I think a short to medium term player who can slot in quickly and provide good competition is a good policy for now.

But yes I am dying to see a Rodrigo De Paul or Jonathan David stroll in through the doors of Bodymoor too.

I know what you mean, there is a part of me that wants to see a certain calibre of player however I think that will come in time. To some degree this is modus operandi for Emery. He's going to bring in some no-frills professionals to get the job done but he also brings through youth and has brought in bigger names too.

This is a notoriously tricky time so while I wasn't initially please with the idea of Delafeou, I have come around. We really lack players who can keep the ball and in general lack attacking options. I think a short to medium term player who can slot in quickly and provide good competition is a good policy for now.

But yes I am dying to see a Rodrigo De Paul or Jonathan David stroll in through the doors of Bodymoor too.

Ha ha it's only a few weeks ago that the media was saying what attacking talent we had with Coutinho Buendia Bailey Watkins Ings etc , now if we stuck them all in a bag and shook it up we would get one good un out

Ha ha it's only a few weeks ago that the media was saying what attacking talent we had with Coutinho Buendia Bailey Watkins Ings etc , now if we stuck them all in a bag and shook it up we would get one good un out

Still think Bailey and Watkins can do some sort of job for us. Watkins in particular looks low on confidence.

A snip at £399.

For his first game against Utd, he wore a jacket from a company called Moorer, which are also pretty expensive.

For £400 I’d expect a pretty good down jacket that’s for sure. Proper outdoor ones cost less.
I've got a 20-year-old sprayway jacket that was £250 I got on eBay for £73.05p, its bomb-proof I'm still getting over the shock of me paying that much for a chuffing coat :ROFLMAO:

They spoke about his jacket on Talksport yesterday afternoon as they couldn’t work out quite what type of jacket it was. This was the same conversation me and my gf had whilst watching the spurs away game on tv, paused a video of him in it and found out it’s ‘Boss’, so for anyone who likes it, here it is…

https://www.hugoboss.com/uk/hybrid-down-jacket-with-detachable-hood/hbeu50475013_001.html
Lol I clicked on this and now my Vital is full of boss adverts for the very coat :ROFLMAO:

also been a hot topic in our household this snazzy coat has