The Unai Emery Thread | Page 72 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Friend of a friend story.

But a concerned young player at the club asked about the future plans under UE.

The message he got was that it was recognised that the club had lost its way post grealish and under Gerrard.
Emery was brought in for his calm and measured approach - he will of course bring is own players in - but wages are an issue. The club are seeking steady improvement rather than upheaval with a load of outs an ins. Emery is pretty confident he can get significantly more out of his current playing staff

👍👍👍👍👍

Friend of a friend story.

But a concerned young player at the club asked about the future plans under UE.

The message he got was that it was recognised that the club had lost its way post grealish and under Gerrard.
Emery was brought in for his calm and measured approach - he will of course bring is own players in - but wages are an issue. The club are seeking steady improvement rather than upheaval with a load of outs an ins. Emery is pretty confident he can get significantly more out of his current playing staff

👍👍👍👍👍

and so he should looking at Newcastle Brentford and Brighton squads compared to ours Not to mention bloody Fulham

He has to take his share of the blame for this but there's a lot of work to do here and we need to ensure we have a couple of good windows now. There's some absolute shite on our books.

He has to take his share of the blame for this but there's a lot of work to do here and we need to ensure we have a couple of good windows now. There's some absolute shite on our books.
Going to be very interesting in a year or 18 months time who has survived the inevitable cull…. Not many I imagine.

Cocked up big time today - with 5 subs available I'm not sure how bailey got 90 minutes.

The Buendia sub was a horror show.

Without being great our best player Sanson was first off after 65 minutes - why ?

Regardless of his team selection, for context, this team was one full of players with PL experience and internationals.

They should absolutely be beating a club from League 2.

They should but quite a few of us had our doubts. Some of them have been useless for us from day one.

Genuine question There are knowledgable contributors to this forum who know a lot more about Unai than me. I admit that I haven’t followed his career and knew little about him before he came here.
Is the slow, ponderous, back and forth football we saw today and against Wolves in the first half on Wednesday his preferred style?
Or has he adopted it to counter the weaknesses of our squad?

A quote by Vialli came to mind after that shambles.
“In football you don’t lose. You win or you learn.”
I hope Unai has learned a lot today.

What did he need to learn though ? - don't sub your best player ? Take off the poor performing players ?
Did he really need to get best at home by a div 4 side to learn that ?