The U23’s/youth thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The U23’s/youth thread

Is old Trafford the venue by coincidence or is it just really unfair that they get to play the final at home?

In the past, the semi finals and final have been played over two legs - home and away.

For some unexplained reason, this season they have been played over the one leg with the team drawn out first getting home advantage.

United get home advantage due to their semi being the first one drawn out.

It is due to take place on 30th April - I would imagine that will change.

You've done it again lad, thanks for posting. First half I thought there was nothing in it, second half Chelsea seemed to me to be in control and I thought the game was over but our lot reacted in the same way as the first team, never gave up.
I had mixed feelings about Osong ( think that was the spelling), didn't seem to work too hard but sure knew where the net was.
The whole team impressed me, a very fine win.

If you make a habit of these Forest U-tube games please keep on, thanks again.

:thumbup:

Most of the u23 games have been on YouTube, although they seem to struggle with the streaming and it's either lagging or just cuts out.

The joys of YouTube...check out comments on Forest sites at final whistle, and when you return the image is smaller and you can see all the comments on the right of the screen.

Including one Chelsea fan who mocked us for getting excited about reaching a Youth Cup final, finishing with 'Tinpot club!' No doubt too young to remember the days when we stuffed Chelsea 7-0 and regularly reached Wembley (and this was more than a decade after the real glory days!)

The joys of YouTube...check out comments on Forest sites at final whistle, and when you return the image is smaller and you can see all the comments on the right of the screen.

Including one Chelsea fan who mocked us for getting excited about reaching a Youth Cup final, finishing with 'Tinpot club!' No doubt too young to remember the days when we stuffed Chelsea 7-0 and regularly reached Wembley (and this was more than a decade after the real glory days!)

Tin Pot Club!

Yeah, right.

You should have pointed out that we have the youngest team in the tournament; 8 of this side qualify to play in the competition next season and that incudes 15 year old Zach Abbott who has not left school yet.

Tin Pot Club!

Yeah, right.

You should have pointed out that we have the youngest team in the tournament; 8 of this side qualify to play in the competition next season and that incudes 15 year old Zach Abbott who has not left school yet.

I didn't dignify his/her sour grapes with a reply.

There is, as they say, a buzz around our club just now. Despite all the painful memories of the last few decades, dreaming is free (according to Debbie Harry, and who am I to argue?)

This time there seems more chance than usual of dreams coming true.

Chelsea are a nothing club who achieved the square root of fuck all until their oligarch friend came in with his blood money and fucked the whole of English football while simultaneously propping up a vile, evil, murderous dictator.

Chelsea can go and fuck themselves.

I hope they go down next season and never come back.

Last edited:
I didn't dignify his/her sour grapes with a reply.

There is, as they say, a buzz around our club just now. Despite all the painful memories of the last few decades, dreaming is free (according to Debbie Harry, and who am I to argue?)

This time there seems more chance than usual of dreams coming true.
He's probably pretty young and doesn't remember them being perpetually second rate until the Russian millions came along. Any trophies they have gained over the last number of years years were purchased, not won. (same goes for Man City)

U18’s have an interesting end to the season. Over the last decade youth cups have been dominated by the two Manchester teams and the two Liverpool teams along with Chelsea. Forests end to the season runs something like

Liverpool
Everton
Man U twice.

They have already beaten Man C and Chelsea this season.

U18’s have an interesting end to the season. Over the last decade youth cups have been dominated by the two Manchester teams and the two Liverpool teams along with Chelsea. Forests end to the season runs something like

Liverpool
Everton
Man U twice.

They have already beaten Man C and Chelsea this season.

Its 12 years since Manchester United won it.

Chelsea have won it 6 times in the last 10 years, Villa, Manchester City, Liverpool and Norwich once each

Chelsea are a nothing club who achieved the square root of fuck all until their oligarch friend came in with his blood money and fucked the whole of English football while simultaneously propping up a vile, evil, murderous dictator.

Chelsea can go and fuck themselves.

I hope they go down next season and never come back.

Didnt realise i posted this from my zed account

Went down Wilford Lane yesterday to watch the 18s play Blackburn. I've never had any trouble getting in to these games before but on this occasion I had to sweet talk the guy on the gate, and evidently it's now by invitation only.
Anyway, we came back from 2-1 down to deservedly win 3-2 against very good opposition. The lads obviously hoping for a cup final starting spot on Wednesday 11th of May 7.30pm ko at Old Trafford.
Anyone wanting to go and watch this game can do so by following the instructions on the official Forest site. It's £1, and should be a good night, especially if we win.