The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

The way we play some element of risk is involved. We rely on players like Mings to take responsibility and make critical moves when required. He does that brilliantly nearly all the time. The odd mistake I think we have to accept, as with all our players.

The way we play some element of risk is involved. We rely on players like Mings to take responsibility and make critical moves when required. He does that brilliantly nearly all the time. The odd mistake I think we have to accept, as with all our players.

Players make mistakes.
Seems a bit of a click bait article to me . You can often look at every goal and pick faults in a number of players. One player is rarely solely to blame . If a player gets beaten in the air then you can look at how the cross came in, who wasn't closing down etc.

I think DJ's clutching a bit as most Bournemouth fans must be miffed that we stole him so cheap.:wahey:

I think Gareth Southgate made an interesting point when Mings was first called up for England - he is 26 years old but with his injuries he’s lost a lot of time and is therefore still very much developing as a player.

I’d like to think he could be like Jamie Vardy who was completely no where in his career until mid-late 20’s, but then suddenly emerged later on in his career to become on the top players in England. I think he has work to do, I think he should be more dominant in the air and agree he can lack concentration at times but I think playing week in week out in the premier league we will only see him getting better and better - it’s easy to forget how little he has actually played at professional level before

Reactions: DJ
I also think he's not fully fit at the moment.

Just before the 2nd half started yesterday he appeared to be taking painkillers.

DJ, coming on here to flag up a bit of negative press on Mings just smacks of trying to justify why Bournemouth sold him. Were quite happy with him so don't stress yourself. You keep your money (we'll double ours)

It's ok. He was rumbled straight away with his ready to post poll result as above.
Nice try though.:lol:
Can't say I have ever had the urge to go onto another forum and inform other fans of a generally negative article about an ex player. Strange.
What a shame DJ has chosen to come onto focus on the negative after a dodgy game by Tyrone as oppose to maybe coming on at the time and praising Tyrone for him dealing so well with the vile racist abuse he received a couple of weeks ago.

Centrebacks make errors, shock horror.

Tyrone Mings is a great lad, a fantastic footballer and has been a breath of fresh air in a club that was suffocating. Is he the world's greatest centreback, probably not, will he learn from the experience of Saturday, definitely. Please remember he is a converted left back who has played 35(ish) games at centreback.

Centrebacks make errors, shock horror.

Tyrone Mings is a great lad, a fantastic footballer and has been a breath of fresh air in a club that was suffocating. Is he the world's greatest centreback, probably not, will he learn from the experience of Saturday, definitely. Please remember he is a converted left back who has played 35(ish) games at centreback.

People forget he's played very little football at all in the last 3 years and even less at CB , Engels is far more experienced and sometimes it shows as Engels goes under the radar.

People forget he's played very little football at all in the last 3 years and even less at CB , Engels is far more experienced and sometimes it shows as Engels goes under the radar.

Spot on, Engels is class.

As someone said, Tyrone is a breath of fresh air and the best thing is he can still get better. He still seems to have a mistake in him at least once per game, he’s given away or been around a few sloppy goals but it’s a learning curve. There are time’s when he’s looking a little too comfortable and I think that’s where he’s got a mistake in him.

Once he cuts that out though he’ll be champions league (with Villa of course).

4 central defenders in the summer squad. Stones and Maguire are nailed. That leaves two spaces and just the one fixture before the season ends. Tomori got his cap today in order to commit him to us. I can't think of two players that in these next six months will pull ahead of Mings. He's surely all aboard, I'd suggest.