The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 51 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Unless you play for a club south of Watford or in the north west triangle you have to play like Messi at his best. Even then unless your up Southgates arse your chances are limited. That kid at the dog heads never got a look in, and yet some unknown kid from fat Frank's team get a shout. It stinks.

I think it’s best if ‘DJ’ goes and crawls back under that little rock known as Dean Court (Or the vitality stadium?), his bitter opinions aren’t welcome in this particular thread.

Tyrone will be lucky to get 10 caps, they are already trying to manage him out of the team in the media. Over the years we have seen it time and again. I personally can't stand watching England as they are a bunch of over blown pricks and Harry kane / raheem sterling are the only two that could play in any top side.

On the back of yet another poor performance at Chelsea, I want to raise a point about something I picked up on after the ManUre game. Mings did an interview on TV and when talking about the goals conceded, particularly the first, he kept saying "we made some mistakes." Maybe I'm reading into to it too much, but it struck me as incredibly selfish and a little bit arrogant. I've seen plenty of players own up to their own mistakes after matches (Jack did it when he missed chances) yet Tyrone was seemingly unwilling and incapable of saying "I let the team down" or "I made an error (two actually) in the build up to the first goal."
I think I'd respect him a hell of a lot more if he manned-up to his own mistakes...

He is struggling right now and I hope he gets through a bad spell, rather than having been exposed as not up to scratch in this league...

Or counter point - he goes with the 'we' as the team as I don't recall him picking out mistakes of others (but could be wrong). The El Ghazi bollocking stands out obviously but that's in the moment.

Or counter point - he goes with the 'we' as the team as I don't recall him picking out mistakes of others (but could be wrong). The El Ghazi bollocking stands out obviously but that's in the moment.
I see your point, but the "we" mentality is usually to defer credit. The top pros (in all walks of life) will show some humility and self-responsibility....

I see your point, but the "we" mentality is usually to defer credit. The top pros (in all walks of life) will show some humility and self-responsibility....
I do agree but as defacto skipper I can see why he'd stick to the line full stop through repetition if you like.

I do agree but as defacto skipper I can see why he'd stick to the line full stop through repetition if you like.
We'll respectfully agree to disagree on this one.... Now go to bed! Once I post after 5pm (Mountain Standard Time) I don't expect any dissension until 7:00am GMT!

On the back of yet another poor performance at Chelsea, I want to raise a point about something I picked up on after the ManUre game. Mings did an interview on TV and when talking about the goals conceded, particularly the first, he kept saying "we made some mistakes." Maybe I'm reading into to it too much, but it struck me as incredibly selfish and a little bit arrogant. I've seen plenty of players own up to their own mistakes after matches (Jack did it when he missed chances) yet Tyrone was seemingly unwilling and incapable of saying "I let the team down" or "I made an error (two actually) in the build up to the first goal."
I think I'd respect him a hell of a lot more if he manned-up to his own mistakes...

He is struggling right now and I hope he gets through a bad spell, rather than having been exposed as not up to scratch in this league...

I'd say you are reading too much into it. He's not the only one who has made mistakes and singling out fellow players is a really bad move.

Defending isn't just up to the centre backs. It's a team philosophy and we leave our centre backs with too much work to do.

He is having a drop in form.

Everyone who has ever played sport has one , he will come through it and will most likely be a better player for it.

I'd say you are reading too much into it. He's not the only one who has made mistakes and singling out fellow players is a really bad move.

Defending isn't just up to the centre backs. It's a team philosophy and we leave our centre backs with too much work to do.

I hope you're right and I am probably reading to much into it. I wasn't saying though, that he should be singling out others, but rather taking responsibility for his own mistakes...

The one thing that really worries me is his tendency to be always dropping deep. Looking at many of the goals we've conceded recently, he has been the one player keeping every opponent onside, while everyone else is trying to push up. I've only ever seen one other centre-back at Villa do that and his name was McGrath - a player with the ability to read the game and react better than anyone I've ever seen. Tyrone is a million miles away from being able to rely on his reading of the game.

I hope you're right and I am probably reading to much into it. I wasn't saying though, that he should be singling out others, but rather taking responsibility for his own mistakes...

The one thing that really worries me is his tendency to be always dropping deep. Looking at many of the goals we've conceded recently, he has been the one player keeping every opponent onside, while everyone else is trying to push up. I've only ever seen one other centre-back at Villa do that and his name was McGrath - a player with the ability to read the game and react better than anyone I've ever seen. Tyrone is a million miles away from being able to rely on his reading of the game.

John Terry used to drop deep and try and block everything perhaps Tyrone is picking up his habits. He also liked to hit a long ball to Drogba We need to find a Drogba to get Tyrone out of the shite

Yep. All in the media now.
Misses the crucial games from now until at least new year.
Still, England call up had been going to his head apparently so his place in the side was being questioned. Well we will find out now whether some were right.

And of course the season can officially be regarded as well and truly underway now that we have have had our regular losing a key player to a lengthy injury scenario. Normally happens a bit earlier tbh.