The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Thanks for the advice. Never realised how these things work..
Tiny club with dodgy money filtered through only because of its location to sand banks. Harry dodgy crook wobble chops lives there, enough said.

Hey DJ - welcome to the site.

You may or may not be aware, i am led to believe Mings had a big fall out with Howe some time back and from what i gather Eddie does not forget incidents like that, thus Mings was in the bad books.

You may not have watched us but without him we would have not got promoted, no chance.

Clearly not. The piss taking normally takes place amongst your own fans not other clubs forums. I know it might be a struggle to find any Bournemouth fans, but give it a rest now. You are happy with the money, we are over the moon to just get the deal tied up. £20m isnt a huge amount to the 3rd richest owners in the country

How very insular.

Its well known many players will feign an injury when they dont want to play. Perhaps he didnt like little Eddie.
Before you get too carried away, dont forget you spent similar amounts on Jordan Ibe and Solanke. They'd struggle to get in our U23 team

Not all transfers work out. Too early to write off Solanke.

Hey DJ - welcome to the site.

You may or may not be aware, i am led to believe Mings had a big fall out with Howe some time back and from what i gather Eddie does not forget incidents like that, thus Mings was in the bad books.

You may not have watched us but without him we would have not got promoted, no chance.

Hey. I’ve been posting on here off and on for as long as you have :)

I’ve heard plenty about Mings which I won’t repeat.

Yes watched you in the run in and the play-offs, hoping you’d win promotion.

Didn’t think it would be for a deal worth £26.5million though.

He had a medical in January , and played every game he was available to play in since then. Would he need a full medical 6 months later ?
Don't know
Thanks for the advice. Never realised how these things work..
Now now, play nice children :fish:

Every transfer has it's risks. We are all happy with taking this one. Everyone's a winner.

Tiny club with dodgy money filtered through only because of its location to sand banks. Harry dodgy crook wobble chops lives there, enough said.

If we had some dodgy money we may have had a new ground built by now.

Hey. I’ve been posting on here off and on for as long as you have :)

I’ve heard plenty about Mings which I won’t repeat.

Yes watched you in the run in and the play-offs, hoping you’d win promotion.

Didn’t think it would be for a deal worth £26.5million though.
The fee is reported as up to £26.5m with add ons. No one has any idea of the actual fee yet. If he gets a 5yr contract, it amount to £5m per year. Neither set of fans would bat an eyelid at that kind of expenditure.

If we had some dodgy money we may have had a new ground built by now.

I went to a friendly at yours early 90's. Les Sealy was in goal for us. Think you won 1-0. Bagged myself some local totty on the evening

Reactions: DJ
We wont dismiss it, but we wont worry about it either.

McGrath was a crock, Laursen was a crock, Terry was 37, Brad Friedel was 40.

On the flip side - Stan Collymore was in his prime, Ross McCormack was in his prime....

Villa fans do not care what a player does at another club, we care what they do when they wear Claret and Blue.

Tyrone Mings wore claret and blue and bled for the tean, became one with the fans.

He got Aston Villa from the start and we got him.

I dont mean this derogatory, but to play for clubs like Aston Villa, Liverpool, Everton, Man U, Newcastle, Arsenal (you can see I dont put Spurs, Chelsea, Man City in this) these clubs have history, tradition, expectation and a sense of belonging to more than just a club, but an institution.

Players, no matter how good, can fail miserably if they dont buy into that (look at Pogba)

Tyrone Mings not only got it, he embraced it and even when on loan, was the figure head showing the others (together with Grealish and McGinn to be fair to them) what playing for a club like Villa actually means.

How many other footballers wear his shirt when not at the club ? - he just got us !!

And THAT is why he is priceless to us, he us utter utter quality hinself, but if a team mate gives less than 100% he rips their head off, if someone hacks down Jack, he is the first there.

He is a leader abd 25 or whatever million is an absolute steal for us - so have it !

I went to a friendly at yours early 90's. Les Sealy was in goal for us. Think you won 1-0. Bagged myself some local totty on the evening

I went to that. 28 degrees, was on the beach til 2.45 then in griund at 3.

Great weekend that was

Oh, forgot a player.

We also had a player who came to us, was out for three years with injury and another club "took the risk".

Fabian Delph was his name, wonder what happened to him, thecrock !!!

DJ,

One day the excellent Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe will finally leave the club and I would be surprised if you could find a replacement as good and suitable as him, therefore, you may struggle big time as in my opinion, he is the centre of Bournemouth getting promoted and also staying in the Premier League.

Have the new plans for moving to a bigger ground and the new training ground been approved yet?

If not and they are further delayed by the fussy local council, then it won't please Eddie as I understand he sees it as an essential part of AFC Bournemouth's future?

DJ,

One day the excellent Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe will finally leave the club and I would be surprised if you could find a replacement as good and suitable as him, therefore, you may struggle big time as in my opinion, he is the centre of Bournemouth getting promoted and also staying in the Premier League.

Have the new plans for moving to a bigger ground and the new training ground been approved yet?

If not and they are further delayed by the fussy local council, then it won't please Eddie as I understand he sees it as an essential part of AFC Bournemouth's future?

Yep, agree. Absolute no chance of replacing him. I doubt there is another club in the 92 that is solely built around one person.

As for the training ground and stadium. Yes they are the legacy plans. Training ground has planning approval but revised plans have just been submitted.

Stadium may well depend on that as it could well be built on the current training ground pitches.

I’d imagine to Eddie the training ground is the deal clincher for him. At the end of the day that’s where the players spend their time, not the stadium. However frustrating that is for the fans.