The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Tyrone is a big part of the puzzle solved, the fee will probably be "undisclosed" but whether we paid £15m or £25m won't matter in a few weeks once he starts performing for us.

#becomealegend

Considering there’s been a lot of comments regarding afcb and afcb fans being clueless.

Aston Villa not completing a medical on a £26.5million signing is mental considering his somewhat bizarre injury record.

Yes he went through the routines when you paid £2million for a half season loan, but in the final he crawled off in agony once again.

He had a medical in January , and played every game he was available to play in since then. Would he need a full medical 6 months later ?

He had a medical in January , and played every game he was available to play in since then. Would he need a full medical 6 months later ?

Having seen his injury record over the past 4 years I’d have do one every few months just as a precaution!

Not just his knee but his back and all the other niggles he gets because of it.

He’s been out in Dubai with the worlds best and I still don’t think his injuries were fully understood.

He came off for us against Wolves and it looked like his career was going to be over. Next game he’s on the bench.

Then his “cramp” for you where his knee locked.

Just a couple of examples of his bizarre injury record.

Edit to add - legitimately hope it works out for him and you over the next four years.

£26.5million for a lad down the pecking order with that record and still untested in the Premier League is excellent business.

Having a flick through this thread is hilarious.

From under £10m to £26.5m.
To the reasons why he’s now a centre back. To afcb fans being clueless because we have a small stadium.

Not often both sets of fans think they’ve got the better deal. This appears to be one of them.

If you looked carefully, you will have noticed that not one bad word was said about Mings. That alone should tell you of the impact he had on hardened and often critical support. Without his performance and leadership on and off the field, we would still be in the Championship. What is that promotion worth to a club?

Over the years, we've had world class centre backs at this club, McGrath, Melberg, Laursen and we've has some shit. We know the difference. Every transfer is a gamble and Tyrone has it all to prove agreed. Fair price given the market.

If Ake goes to Man City, the pressure will be on Mepham. Be interesting to see which of us has the better defensive record next year. We'll see you soon.
UTV :utv:

Having seen his injury record over the past 4 years I’d have do one every few months just as a precaution!

He’s been out in Dubai with the worlds best and I still don’t think his injuries were fully understood.

He came off for us against Wolves and it looked like his career was going to be over. Next game he’s on the bench.

Edit to add - legitimately hope it works out for him and you over the next four years.

£26.5million for a lad down the pecking order with that record and still untested in the Premier League is excellent business.

Well he hasn't had one niggle in the last 6 months so perhaps our fitness guys are better.
His knee didn't lock in the final , he had cramp in his calf. If you look at the celebrations on the pitch after the game , he was walking perfectly normally.

He had a hard half-season with us with not a trace of a problem until the final match. Knee locked? He had all the symptoms of cramp, where the muscles tighten up. A few minutes later he was walking fine. The January medical would have covered any long-term issues. Maybe our medical team and conditioning coaches are better than yours.

He may well get further injuries. Players do, which is why we're looking for cover. Not a reason for not signing him.

Considering there’s been a lot of comments regarding afcb and afcb fans being clueless.

Aston Villa not completing a medical on a £26.5million signing is mental considering his somewhat bizarre injury record.

Yes he went through the routines when you paid £2million for a half season loan, but in the final he crawled off in agony once again.
He's coming to a club that will be paying 50million for players in a couple of years, Tyrone is a building block who was more than just a player for the 2nd half of last season. No disrespect but Bournemouth should be grateful and use the money to upgrade the joke of a ground and move aside because we aren't messing about, little dogs always make the most noise but when the big dog barks watch out.
?

If you looked carefully, you will have noticed that not one bad word was said about Mings. That alone should tell you of the impact he had on hardened and often critical support. Without his performance and leadership on and off the field, we would still be in the Championship. What is that promotion worth to a club?

Over the years, we've had world class centre backs at this club, McGrath, Melberg, Laursen and we've has some shit. We know the difference. Every transfer is a gamble and Tyrone has it all to prove agreed. Fair price given the market.

If Ake goes to Man City, the pressure will be on Mepham. Be interesting to see which of us has the better defensive record next year. We'll see you soon.
UTV :utv:

Yes in four months with your club during a period of nothing but success you didn’t hear a negative word. Shocker! ;)

I’d imagine we won’t be selling Nathan Ake, purely based on the sale of Mings as he would have been one step closer to playing.

As for our defensive record. It’s all relative. Whilst we have the best attacking record outside of the top six we are going to have a poorer defensive record as we are an attacking side that takes risks.

Well he hasn't had one niggle in the last 6 months so perhaps our fitness guys are better.
His knee didn't lock in the final , he had cramp in his calf. If you look at the celebrations on the pitch after the game , he was walking perfectly normally.

Maybe they are. But I’d hazard a guess that the places we’ve sent him who work on the worlds elite might be a decent enough standard to have given a diagnosis.

He's coming to a club that will be paying 50million for players in a couple of years, Tyrone is a building block who was more than just a player for the 2nd half of last season. No disrespect but Bournemouth should be grateful and use the money to upgrade the joke of a ground and move aside because we aren't messing about, little dogs always make the most noise but when the big dog barks watch out.
?

No disrespect but I’ve been trying to explain our stadium situation to you since 2015.

I realise for 4 years that was all forgotten about what with you knocking about in the Championship until we loaned you Mings.

Who should be the grateful ones?! ;)

Yes and having a browse through some Bournemouth comments yesterday I never saw any aimed at us in a similar vein. Its a football forum, people take the piss, get over it.

DJ, listen.

You are obviously entitled to you opinio, but coming on a Villa site telling us we have a crap deal with a guy who played every game bar one (suspended) , you will not last long.

Put it this way. I am 48, my dad 71, botg of us and EVERY OTHER VILLA FAN have said, granted, at Championship level, and whether he can do it at Premier is a question, but last year, he was the closest either of us has ever seen to Paul McGrath, THE best player to play for us and Ireland, and a player who was deemed the best defender ever by people like Roberto Baggio !!!.

Now, we are lucky that we have had WORLD class defenders in our time, from God, Laursen, Terry, Cahill even defenders you forget about , like Mountfield, Staunton and on and on.. ..

And from 10 to 80 yrs of age, Villa fans, as one, say "jesus christ, this guy looks like McGrath"

Doesnt that tell you something ?.

Now go away, we are taking more fabs to a pre season gane at Walsall than you can fit in your shed. Like Wigan, you will be back wherecyou should be in about 3 years. Remember , our training ground is state of the art, 30 million set up, where national teams and athletes like Usain Boult use. We are not bloody Bournemouth, and nor are our staff !!!

Yes and having a browse through some Bournemouth comments yesterday I never saw any aimed at us in a similar vein. Its a football forum, people take the piss, get over it.

Thanks for the advice. Never realised how these things work..

Its well known many players will feign an injury when they dont want to play. Perhaps he didnt like little Eddie.
Before you get too carried away, dont forget you spent similar amounts on Jordan Ibe and Solanke. They'd struggle to get in our U23 team

DJ, listen.

You are obviously entitled to you opinio, but coming on a Villa site telling us we have a crap deal with a guy who played every game bar one (suspended) , you will not last long.

Put it this way. I am 48, my dad 71, botg of us and EVERY OTHER VILLA FAN have said, granted, at Championship level, and whether he can do it at Premier is a question, but last year, he was the closest either of us has ever seen to Paul McGrath, THE best player to play for us and Ireland, and a player who was deemed the best defender ever by people like Roberto Baggio !!!.

Now, we are lucky that we have had WORLD class defenders in our time, from God, Laursen, Terry, Cahill even defenders you forget about , like Mountfield, Staunton and on and on.. ..

And from 10 to 80 yrs of age, Villa fans, as one, say "jesus christ, this guy looks like McGrath"

Doesnt that tell you something ?.

Now go away, we are taking more fabs to a pre season gane at Walsall than you can fit in your shed. Like Wigan, you will be back wherecyou should be in about 3 years.

:)

I don’t doubt he can look a world beater for 4 months in the Championship.

We did sign him after all! Great physical presence and an absolute beast of a left back.

Dismiss the past 3.5 years for the past 4 months by all means. I was just adding to the debate why £26.5million seems to have both parties celebrating.

Please do try to be a bit more original with the insults though.

Small stadium...check...

Back in the lower leagues in 3 years time...think you may have said that to us 4 years ago as well...

Thanks for the advice. Never realised how these things work..

Clearly not. The piss taking normally takes place amongst your own fans not other clubs forums. I know it might be a struggle to find any Bournemouth fans, but give it a rest now. You are happy with the money, we are over the moon to just get the deal tied up. £20m isnt a huge amount to the 3rd richest owners in the country