The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 178 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

I think we miss him.
Agreed and with how we've been setting up Konsa, Pau and Mings was absolutely the plan from the get-go.

DC getting injured forced an interesting change where Kamara was playing RCB which I don't think is ideal for anyone either.

Well it was an ACL and he had an operation. I'd be surprised if he plays again this season.
There is an outside chance he gets some minutes in late April but May is right on the recovery timeline. Typically its a 9 month recovery unless you're a freak of nature.

I am obviously not a professional athlete but they cleared me 9 months after my surgery.

Well it was an ACL and he had an operation. I'd be surprised if he plays again this season.
I don't want him too. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to rush it. He's far more important for next season than risk him for a few games. The players we've signed will be bedded in by then, and if there are issues at the back and our new signings aren't working we have the January window to sort it

I don't want him too. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to rush it. He's far more important for next season than risk him for a few games. The players we've signed will be bedded in by then, and if there are issues at the back and our new signings aren't working we have the January window to sort it
O?

I expect Torres to continue to grow and establish a really good partnership with Konsa, so I think it will be a struggle for Mings to become a regular starter when he's back.

I expect Torres to continue to grow and establish a really good partnership with Konsa, so I think it will be a struggle for Mings to become a regular starter when he's back.
But that’s a positive thing. Love Ming’s, his passion and his leadership, but if we can improve then bring it on. Mings is one of my favourites going back to the Championship days, he’s been part of the journey from the darkest days in Villa‘s recent history and I think when his career is over, he’ll get semi-legendary status, but we have to evolve - football is relentless and ruthless.

I think Ty is the sort of person to want to have to fight for his place back and he probably backs himself to do it.

If he was fit it would be as you were last season Konsa/Mings at the back . Torres would be getting up to speed in games like tonight.
we've conceded a lot of goals this season compared to teams around us in the league.

If he was fit it would be as you were last season Konsa/Mings at the back . Torres would be getting up to speed in games like tonight.
we've conceded a lot of goals this season compared to teams around us in the league.
And to look on the positive side there is only Brighton who have scored more goals than us.

+7 goal difference.
Also 8 of the 11 came in 2 games. Don't think we have a real issue defensively moving forward, the two games were away from home, against top opposition when our new defense was bedding in.

It'll be interesting to see how the defense performs over the season, but I think it's too early to suggest we have defensive issues per se.

The problem has always been scoring enough goals - our last three seasons we only achieved 50-55 goals which isn't enough to sustain a top 4 position. We were the lowest scorers in the top 10 last season. If we continue at the same rate as we have started this season we'll score 97 as a comparison. I doubt we'll keep going at that rate, but if we score every game it'll make it harder for the opposition to beat us.