The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 177 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

If it's 'just' his ACL then that's actually good result. Given the sheer pain he was in it seemed to suggest it was worse than that.

Thought I’d place here rather than the transfer thread where his replacements have been discussed.

Not sure there will be a place for him on his return - probably towards the last quarter of the season possibly.
He’ll be 31 in March and if our current defensive remains the same and injury free, I can’t see him getting back in the team.

With age not being on his side, do you think he’ll look elsewhere for first team football?

Thought I’d place here rather than the transfer thread where his replacements have been discussed.

Not sure there will be a place for him on his return - probably towards the last quarter of the season possibly.
He’ll be 31 in March and if our current defensive remains the same and injury free, I can’t see him getting back in the team.

With age not being on his side, do you think he’ll look elsewhere for first team football?
Diego Carlos was "done at this level" on here only a couple of weeks ago, so let's keep our powder dry shall we?

If he can return at the same level there's no reason why his time here should be over. If he was fit he'd be starting I've no doubts. The "Konsa at RB" back 3/4 would mean he'd be at the centre of Torres, himself and Konsa.

Its about numbers on the clock rather than age.

I genuinely feel Mings was only just hitting his peak last year. It's the best he's ever performed and the most consistent and mistake-free he has ever been. I see him continuing to be in his prime til 34/35. Konsa has more senior matches under his belt than Mings and he is 4 or 5 years his junior.

I think the most likely thing to happen is he'll be here for the 24/25 season and Chambers gets moved on. In an ideal world we'll finish Top 5, snag a CL place, sell Chambers bring in another high-quality option for RB/RCB that pushes Cash/Konsa/DC.