The Tim Iroegbunam Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Tim Iroegbunam Thread

I think Emery will shuffle the pack, rather than start Tim.

And then if Ramsey, Mcginn, Tielemens or Dougie get injured, then what?

Zaniolo in centre mid? Chambers as DM? Change formation?

Just how much are we gonna shuffle before we give kids a chance?

Almost gets to the point where it's pointless keeping any kids around. Might as well sell the lot as soon as they are valued higher than what we've spent developing them.

I'm not even a Tim fan. Never really rated him, but I want to be proved wrong and that'll never happen if Unai bottles it and goes for square pegs in round holes imstead.

Didn't Unai give Smith-Rowe and Saka starts at Arsenal - where expectations are through the roof?

The danger of not starting Tim is that he never gets his shot. Start him, see if he's up to the task the way we did with Ramsey - who is worth a small fortune now. Loads of young players get there chance through the misfortune of others, the manager has to be ballsy enough to back his judgement and clearly Unai has big balls. What could possibly go wrong :punk:

and yet (and in part an answer to the such as ? above) - city and liverpool both play youngsters as needed, man u obv just beaten us with a 18 yr in midfield, Newcastle another.
Obv if the judgement is Tim isn't good enough then fair enough but we should have got rid in that case and not have him on the bench

the more experienced options aren't that great really and as Kamara isn't going to be back for best part of a year (if at all) then we'll need some sort of solution

Easier to bring the odd youngster into the fold when you know they are surrounded by the likes of KDB, VVD, Salah, Haaland etc etc than Cash and Carlos though. So I’m not sure these clubs are the best comparison.

Easier to bring the odd youngster into the fold when you know they are surrounded by the likes of KDB, VVD, Salah, Haaland etc etc than Cash and Carlos though. So I’m not sure these clubs are the best comparison.
Leicester did it with James Justin,
Harvey Elliott, Fulham
Aaron Lennon, Leeds
A certain Wayne Rooney, Everton

It happens more often than you think

in my opinion, Irogbunam will be the next sold come summer to balance the FFP juggernaut
Emery has already said he has a part to play to establish himself - some bollox talked with this FFP - the players we sold made perfect sense and we got decent dollar. None have pulled up any trees have the departed players - a few goals by Archer that’s all

Emery has already said he has a part to play to establish himself - some bollox talked with this FFP - the players we sold made perfect sense and we got decent dollar. None have pulled up any trees have the departed players - a few goals by Archer that’s all
Bit harsh, Aaron is still very young in a struggling team, Archer a CF starved of ball and Philo appears to have been going well at Hull 16 games, 7 goals, 5 assists had a knee injury and missed the start of the season cos he was with us.

Time will tell if these lads make the grade.

Let's not forget he did very well at QPR and even scored a few.

I'd have no problem if he's in the team Saturday, then again why would I when it's a world class manager making these decisions.

always thought Tim stood out more than Chucklemaker when they played together. I wouldn't have any problem with the Sultan playing him but we have enough experienced midfielders to not NEED to play him.
I think this all depends on how much we can compensate for the limitations of Tielemens or McGinn playing alongside Dougie. There are defensive concerns with both and athleticism concerns too.

I definitely think we will see a first-choice backline of Konsa, Pau and Lenglet. I would like to see a Diaby Ollie Bailey frontline too but I don't think we have the midfield to support it. So I think JJ is about to become incredibly important for ability to sustain a top 4/5 finish.

I don't actually think Tim is good enough. I mean if we were bottom half prem or fighting relegation maybe he could do a job for us.

He is 21 soon and hasn't managed a run of prem games. Bear in mind Grealish was running FA cup semi finals at age 19 - sure Grealish was a once in a generation player - but that the calibre you need to be top 4.

I think Purslow was right in what he said that if you aren't in around the first team by the time you are 21 - you probably not going to be a top end prem player - as such you get moved on for those who are show more potential at a younger age
Hasn't he been out injured ?

they aren't playing kids by choice are they, it's because they have first-teamers out and they don't have experienced cover.
Isn't that our situation now?

I'm sure they could have 'shuffled their pack' but Howe was brave enough to give the kids a chance and they're excelling.

Isn't that our situation now?

I'm sure they could have 'shuffled their pack' but Howe was brave enough to give the kids a chance and they're excelling.
Are they? The players might be getting experience but the last time I looked Newcastle were lower than we were last season.
People were whining about JJ until last week imagine sticking in a kid who hasn't played PL at all, he'd be ripped to bits, especially if Teilemans was sitting on the bench