The Taming of the Shrews: The sequel. | Vital Football

The Taming of the Shrews: The sequel.

Cueball

Vital Reserves Team
We need a positive result on Saturday and I'm hoping that we can eradicate the negatives from the Oxford game.
A 0-2 away win will do us just fine.
👍

Shrewsbury were very poor when we played them earlier in the season, along with Fleetwood and Carlisle they were the worst teams I’ve seen is play against. It’s a must win game if we’re to make sure we avoid being dragged into the relegation battle.

Shrewsbury were very poor when we played them earlier in the season, along with Fleetwood and Carlisle they were the worst teams I’ve seen is play against. It’s a must win game if we’re to make sure we avoid being dragged into the relegation battle.
We are also very poor no we aren't we are shit!

So don't hold your breath regarding a win, Goode should be dropped, Morrison back in, Tickle benched and Amos in, Magennis and Humphrys nowhere near the squad and we may just may nick it, but Tinkerbell is picking the team so owt can happen.

And don't forget those who are going.......Be patient! :arrghh:

Not looking forward to this game....
The 1-0 against a decent Wycombe had me looking forward with optimism to the Stevenage game....bang a 2 - 3 defeat. This had me dreading the Peterborough game...boom a comfortable (ish) 2-3 win. A renewed optimism for the Exeter game....bang a horrible deflect ridden 1-2 defeat. Next up Oxford...bang another deflect ridden 4 -2 defeat....so as said at the start not looking forward to this game....deflections, piss poor officiating, inconsistent performance, a 10 min sublime passage of play, a 20 min passage of sideways, sideways, back or a total 90 min Bolton' esq display...take your pick cos I'm not sure what we'll get. Inconsistency is our only consistency....think I'll wait until the bookies odds come out on Saturday before I give my verdict 😉

We are also very poor no we aren't we are shit!

So don't hold your breath regarding a win, Goode should be dropped, Morrison back in, Tickle benched and Amos in, Magennis and Humphrys nowhere near the squad and we may just may nick it, but Tinkerbell is picking the team so owt can happen.

And don't forget those who are going.......Be patient! :arrghh:
Bloody hell Frank ... sounds like you're a bigger tinkerer than the manager.

(Hope I've got the first consonant and vowel right in tinker 😳).

Last edited:
Even with the negative miserable dross Maloney promotes the dross will be good enough to get us a win. It may be shite to watch but it's got us midway up the table. So a 2 nil win for us. Jones and Godo to score that's if he hasn't dropped them.

Not looking forward to this game....
The 1-0 against a decent Wycombe had me looking forward with optimism to the Stevenage game....bang a 2 - 3 defeat. This had me dreading the Peterborough game...boom a comfortable (ish) 2-3 win. A renewed optimism for the Exeter game....bang a horrible deflect ridden 1-2 defeat. Next up Oxford...bang another deflect ridden 4 -2 defeat....so as said at the start not looking forward to this game....deflections, piss poor officiating, inconsistent performance, a 10 min sublime passage of play, a 20 min passage of sideways, sideways, back or a total 90 min Bolton' esq display...take your pick cos I'm not sure what we'll get. Inconsistency is our only consistency....think I'll wait until the bookies odds come out on Saturday before I give my verdict 😉
you no jock. at furst i thot it was just us having a whing. well i new it went on. but. for the furst time i opened the comments on the bbc site (oxford united v wigan) read the litle match report and underneeth is the coments. 47 of them. so i red them and even the oxford fans were counting there lucky stars at times and talking about how the ref were shit.

worth a look anybody. a certane poster on heer also has there sey in the coments an all. 😉

There are currently ten teams below us in the table, we've played five of them away from home so far including three of the bottom four. Lost three, drawn two. No wins.

What I'm trying to say is, we are shit away from home against cloggers who put it right fu**ing up us. Saturday will probably be no different and until this manager and team gets nasty, we won't win.

Bloody hell Frank ... sounds like you're a bigger tinkerer than the manager.
No not really, Maloney makes at least 2-3 changes for each match anyway and not always for the better so I've suggested two changes the other two Magennis and Humphrys shouldn't get near the squad, their attitudes stink the place out.

We are now back to playing to stay in this league if we want to win games then the team selection must be right, its sleeves up time no room for sulkers and slackers!

Even with the negative miserable dross Maloney promotes the dross will be good enough to get us a win. It may be shite to watch but it's got us midway up the table. So a 2 nil win for us. Jones and Godo to score that's if he hasn't dropped them.
jeffs. are you melowing fella.😉

There are currently ten teams below us in the table, we've played five of them away from home so far including three of the bottom four. Lost three, drawn two. No wins.

What I'm trying to say is, we are shit away from home against cloggers who put it right fu**ing up us. Saturday will probably be no different and until this manager and team gets nasty, we won't win.
corect
think a few of us have been seying this for a wile now but sean still don't see it.
can't see it hapening tho. ive just seen the dry cleening van droping off a rale full of tutu's at the dw.

Don't wish to be contentious, but just what is it that Goode has done so wrong to get people against him so soon ?
now thats the milleon dolar ask zakky.
hes pleyed 4 games.
hes 6 foot 5
and just had a shufty at a few stats pages and he comes out a stedy 6.8. ok not brill but better than some of are other pleyers.
i think some have a downer cos he has missed defending agenst 6 fucking deflected goals.
cue them that seys he shuld of closed down sooner on some. well put your fecking boots on and show us all how to defend in the modern game.
just my thots like.

now thats the milleon dolar ask zakky.
hes pleyed 4 games.
hes 6 foot 5
and just had a shufty at a few stats pages and he comes out a stedy 6.8. ok not brill but better than some of are other pleyers.
i think some have a downer cos he has missed defending agenst 6 fucking deflected goals.
cue them that seys he shuld of closed down sooner on some. well put your fecking boots on and show us all how to defend in the modern game.
just my thots like.
So it's just coincidence that we've leaked goals since Goode came in? He is far too static and when he does move he's slow.

Only one way to prove it and that is bench him for Morrison or even Kerr.

Edit, or could it be what the manager is asking him to do?

So it's just coincidence that we've leaked goals since Goode came in? He is far too static and when he does move he's slow.

Only one way to prove it and that is bench him for Morrison or even Kerr.

Edit, or could it be what the manager is asking him to do?
ive seen him not close down quik enuf only twice. still 2 to many times for some.
but what i have seen is. is the fucking midfeeld giving attaking pleyers so much fucking space to pley about with that there all shooting from outside the box and getting lucky with deflections.
6 fucking deflections from shots outside the box is not reely a defenders falt. look to them stoping and standing still when pley goes past them.
theres more to blame heer than just goode.

edit. not checked all 6 mite not of been from outside the box but my point about attaking pleyers given to much time and space to shoot by are midfeeld stands.

The defenders need more protection from midfield and also need to get out quicker to close down the opposition. If you’re close to the opponent they’re less likely to take the shot on, if they do shoot any deflections will be easier for the keeper as he has more time to adjust. The goals against us have been when the ball was already travelling and has been deflected.

I feel for the keeper as we’re facing lots of shots from in and around the edge of the box which aren’t being closed down well enough. Many of the goals we’ve conceded recently would’ve been avoided if we weren’t giving opposition attacker so much time and space.