The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

Bein Sports have now complained to the Premier League. Anyone else want a pop?

This could be potentially a genuine stumbling block as it's possible this could influence the Premier League in regards to broadcasts rights money. I'm sure it's purely coincidence that the current Chairman of Bein sports Nasser Al Khelaifi is Qatari.

My feeling is it will still go through. Imagine the shit if this went to court and the government were dragged into this, to talk about the money in trade deals (we still have brexit to sort).

I imagine the Saudis are a key partner in the country moving foward post brexit with money and property in the UK already existing.

We also have the Sheff Club already owned by Saudi money. Can’t have one rule for one.

This is a proxy war between the two countries KSA and Qatar. Bein sport being a Qatari owned company have a huge bee in their bonnet from the last world cup in Russia. Saudi illegally broadcast and streamed all the matches much to the annoyance of Qatar and Bein sports (remember the ticker tape message re illegal streaming etc? All aimed at KSA . Furthermore what really stuck in their throat opening game was Russia v KSA with Putin and Mohhamed bin Salman sitting front and centre all smiles and basically telling the knowing what the Saudis were doing and couldn't give a flying fudge.

Is the fit and proper test not all related to financial issues and longterm goals. I would hope that issues surrounding broadcast rights wouldnt even come into it, tgen again its NUFC nothing is straightforward

Funny how all of Assliar's pals are the ones that have suddenly been corrupted by the moral police! Almost as if this was the most elaborate plot yet carefully crafted PR bullshit. Feed the story that a deal has been agreed then get his mates to complain about it. Then gets escalated via Keys and BeIN sports (hmmm a coincidence? Doubt it) plus other clubs join in. Deal gets blocked, Ashley is £17m richer and we are stuck with the **** until he dies.

I wouldn't put anything past the ****!

The new owners though, have been through this before and will have been well aware of what would transpire. There's no way they would have gambled a £17m deposit payment on the chance that their deal could fall through on what is basically just a political argument between Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

The football bubble is bursting and the premier league has been given a ray of light that someone or something could potentially 'save' things through one thing or another. There will be no block.

Funny how all of Assliar's pals are the ones that have suddenly been corrupted by the moral police! Almost as if this was the most elaborate plot yet carefully crafted PR bullshit. Feed the story that a deal has been agreed then get his mates to complain about it. Then gets escalated via Keys and BeIN sports (hmmm a coincidence? Doubt it) plus other clubs join in. Deal gets blocked, Ashley is £17m richer and we are stuck with the **** until he dies.

I wouldn't put anything past the ****!

What the fuck are you waffling on about rocksforbrains?!

The 17 million is absolute horseshit, funnily enough peddled by his sycophant mate Martin Samuel, just to make out he’s in a win win situation.

The new owners though, have been through this before and will have been well aware of what would transpire. There's no way they would have gambled a £17m deposit payment on the chance that their deal could fall through on what is basically just a political argument between Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

The football bubble is bursting and the premier league has been given a ray of light that someone or something could potentially 'save' things through one thing or another. There will be no block.

I hope you're right Toony but where Ashley is concerned anything is possible and I fully expect something to go wrong!

I hope you're right Toony but where Ashley is concerned anything is possible and I fully expect something to go wrong!

I think we all do considering how much shite we've had to endure these last 13 years but there's been far too much in the media, far too much by verified accounts on social platforms and far too much opposition from well known voices, to say that this is not definitely on. We just have to ride this last part of the Ashley rollercoaster.

A 'ride' that contained very few, if any, climbs but plenty of dips.

I thought that was a straightforward observation and possibility put forward by UKR, Neppos? Certainly worthy of consideration although I agree Toony’s point in response covers it for me.

Just saying, like - don’t want a battle with you!

No sense of humour some people, Finn 🤣😉