The Tactics Board | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Tactics Board

I heard the rumour for a points deduction but I doubt that will happen, as you say removal of people in influential positions will hurt them more.
Much depends on what the PL club charter or whatever it is called — so much these days is subject to legal challenges that they might shy away from that. No one has any interest surely wanting this to become a protracted legal battle.

Club goalkeeping legend (& one of my favourite ever players) Joe Corrigan on Ederson’s & Pep’s impact on not only football at the top level but throughout the football pyramid right down to youth......

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-manchester-city/

This is part of Pep’s long term legacy - he will leave a mark on the nature of football in this country long after he leaves our club. This is what makes him great ....compared to Maureen or even Taggart. Can anyone remember any actual on-going impact the pair of them had throughout football? Other than “Mind Games’ and bullying officials? :hmmm::shrug:

Two key quotes for me:-

“I scout for the Club and to see, as I do at junior level, all the keepers trying to play out from the back it’s just great to see. It has been transformative.”
“If you want to play that way we do, what you have to have available is not only a goalkeeper that has that ability but also the defenders that are knowledgeable and confident enough to give the ball to the right position at the time and who can then move and make different angles,” Corrigan added.

“That’s the thing Pep has got with the squad.

“He’s not only the changed the goalkeeping side of things, but the way the whole side responds to the ball when it is played back to the keeper.”
Because it isn’t just about the keeper being ‘good with his feet’ - that element is worthless unless the rest of the team respond, know how to move and especially the back four need to be confident on the ball (rather than just being ready to lump it anywhere). That is what the ‘pundits’ failed to appreciate when he brought in Bravo initially.

I think Zinky is an excellent addition to the squad and at just 24, can only improve under Pep.

He has done well and I agree - I like his cool play under pressure. I am especially fond of his instant, first time & accurate pass from Allison’s poor kick which led to the Foden Thunder Bastard In that game to make it 1-4.

I also think he deserves massive credit for backing himself when a while back he was slated for a transfer to Wolves. :tophat:

Watching the first few games of the PL100 club programme celebrating City’s 100+ goal as scored in the 2017/18 season and it has struck me just how more clinical Sterling was that season. I have only seen the games up to the thrashing of Stoke but even up to then the absence of his dithering, multiple touches and constant shifting the ball from one foot to the other is noticeable. Makes his regression IMO all the more evident. :shake: Get a grip Rajeev, go back to basics and just fecking shoot....

Watching the first few games of the PL100 club programme celebrating City’s 100+ goal as scored in the 2017/18 season and it has struck me just how more clinical Sterling was that season. I have only seen the games up to the thrashing of Stoke but even up to then the absence of his dithering, multiple touches and constant shifting the ball from one foot to the other is noticeable. Makes his regression IMO all the more evident. :shake: Get a grip Rajeev, go back to basics and just fecking shoot....
Just a bad patch, we saw recently how hard he tried to score, if he just started to relax and play without worrying (if that is possible) he may just play better, for me, he has shown improvement, but as you point out his hesitation costs us and himself either a goal or an assist