The Tactics Board | Vital Football

The Tactics Board

Rising

Alert Team
For the 2020/21 season use this board to discuss Pep's tactics before and after games, post your thoughts on players best positions or possible team selection before matches.

I personally don’t agree with the critics who have had a go at Pep over the Lyon game, because if certain things had gone our way VAR and RS7 in particular we would have won the game.

The media always been quick to jump on anything that goes wrong and another attempt to cause problems at City where there are none, but it does not surprise me that many Clubs will be glad to see Pep go, he has proved to be simply the best and this season gone in terms of injuries and the outing of the hated 9 together with some odd VAR decisions add to that the trial by media regarding Uefa and the 2 year ban and the subsequent successful appeal, which has not been accepted as justice in some quarters, because we are a major threat every season and the attempt to destroy City I would say things have not been rosy in the garden of the Etihad

Remember where we came from not so long ago when we looked at the fixture list and wondered where we could get 40 points to survive

We never looked at the top four that was out of our reach and there was no suggestion that it was unfair that those clubs who fought out the top four places was unfair, they ran the game they had people in strategic places to ensure the status quo.

So runners up and The League Cup for me is still a successful season.

Trying to second guess Pep is an art in itself and I am looking forward to doing battle again and especially against the hated 9

Zinchenko and Muller has guts to speak about CL pep syndrome . It's better to buy Muller in the current scenario. He played with pep and can help him to regain the champions league. It is impossible to sign Messi but Muller may be a great addition for City.

Zinchenko and Muller has guts to speak about CL pep syndrome . It's better to buy Muller in the current scenario. He played with pep and can help him to regain the champions league. It is impossible to sign Messi but Muller may be a great addition for City.
I think Thomas is happy where he is in Munich and at 30 getting on. Messi is still playing well, but would cause dressing room issues with crazy high wages. I think if we do play a back 5, maybe we need to do more practice at it during the normal season. Our side did not look comfortable playing this system vs Lyon.

I think Pep played the back three/five against Lyon after seeing how much we struggled against their wing backs last season. I think he will stick with a back four in the domestic games.

I think Pep played the back three/five against Lyon after seeing how much we struggled against their wing backs last season. I think he will stick with a back four in the domestic games.
Will be interesting to see how we shape vs Wolves who took the 6 points last season.

Will be interesting to see how we shape vs Wolves who took the 6 points last season.

His sudden change to a back three did not work and you know the old saying that don't change things if they are not broken and having just swept the Spanish Champions aside, we should have stuck to our guns.

As for Wolves we were two up but down to 10 men and maybe the big bullies from the premier will be eyeing what they can do to destroy this mini threat so we did not do too much wrong in the away game and with some new blood in the side, I agree JK I think we need to see who is in and out and then get out the Crystal Ball.

I think it will depend on what other CB we sign. We need some speed at the back if we're going to play a back 3.

My line up for the opener against Wolves.

Ederson Walker Mendy Stones Ake Rodri Foden Mahrez De Bruyne Sterling G Jesus

Cancelo Otamendi Doyle B Silva Fernie Torres

it could be that he is confident of beating Bournemouth even with a posse of EDS or to get knocked out and gain an advantage by not playing extra games in this competition, especially with the number of games within such short periods of time

If he makes this choice - and given the circumstances of this season it seems likely - I await the slagging off by the media who consistently support Klipperty when he “gives youth a chance”, showing huge sympathy for his “crowded fixture schedule”. They will flip and claim”City have the biggest squad in the whole Universe” etc ignoring that all squads are the same size.

If he makes this choice - and given the circumstances of this season it seems likely - I await the slagging off by the media who consistently support Klipperty when he “gives youth a chance”, showing huge sympathy for his “crowded fixture schedule”. They will flip and claim”City have the biggest squad in the whole Universe” etc ignoring that all squads are the same size.

Look at the bench selection last night - OK, dictated by circumstances, but there was still a choice made. Noticeable there was only one change made.
I still think there will be the usual mix of youth and experience on Thursday.

Bournemouth League (Carabao) Cup

Steffen Walker Mendy Otamendi Harwood-Bellis Doyle Fernie Bernabe
Mahrez Delap Torres

Ake Rodri Foden Stones Palmer G Jesus

Bournemouth League (Carabao) Cup

Steffen Walker Mendy Otamendi Harwood-Bellis Doyle Fernie Bernabe
Mahrez Delap Torres

Ake Rodri Foden Stones Palmer G Jesus

A good call Colin, I was pondering those right back and left back spots to see if we could give Walker and Mendy a break, but with so many out it might not be possible for a while

Burnley League (Carabao) Cup 4th round.

Steffen Walker Zinchenko Harwood-Bellis Laporte Doyle Rodri Foden Mahrez
Torres Delap

E Garcia Ake Mendy De Bruyne Sterling Palmer

Leeds Premier League

Ederson Walker Mendy Dias Laporte Rodri Foden De Bruyne B Silva Torres Sterling

Ake Harwood-Bellis Fernie Palmer Delap Mahrez