The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

I don't think this injury is anywhere near as bad as Kodjia's , plus the fact Super John has for more bottle than him and will mentally not let it affect him so much.

After the Chelsea game we don't play for 3 weeks so there is plenty of time for him to get fit , you can bet he has been hitting the gym and pool mega hard.

Needed cheering up so I’ve just spent 10 mins watching SJM clips on YouTube, remind me of the new £50m player we’ll soon have. Highly recommended viewing!
UTFV
With all the talk of a £50m valuation on SJM, why the BS about SJG being "sold" for £10m more. I love SJM but he's worth way less than Jack. They really do just fill column inches don't they?

With all the talk of a £50m valuation on SJM, why the BS about SJG being "sold" for £10m more. I love SJM but he's worth way less than Jack. They really do just fill column inches don't they?

Jack must be nearer £100m. In fact, in a world where Harry McGuire cost £85m, I’ve no idea how you’d value either of the Supers. What is clear, is that buying a like-for-like replacement for either will be pretty much impossible - however much we get for them.

Jack must be nearer £100m. In fact, in a world where Harry McGuire cost £85m, I’ve no idea how you’d value either of the Supers. What is clear, is that buying a like-for-like replacement for either will be pretty much impossible - however much we get for them.

And when you think we would be under no pressure to sell then we could hold out for the top dollar no problem. That's if we went down AND they wanted to leave. If we stay up they will be going nowhere.

Last edited:
Long before lives got complicated with the emergence of the Coronavirus issue, the local and national media had already developed a tired and boring obsession with selling the likes of Jack Grealish, John McGinn and Tyrone Mings from under Aston Villa’s legs at the end of the campaign, and following the postponement of the football calendar, we’ve seen more rehashes on that front than there are Fast & Furious or Star Wars films.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...son-villa-hero-is-adamant-key-star-will-stay/

Hope he is right, he is an outstanding midfield engine for us, especially 'down there'.

Not surprised they want him, wouldn't be surprised if every team want him.

Won't be cheap, if sold at all though. £30m. LOL... best laugh I've had in a good while.

His value to us is worth more than that and that's what matters. However ability wise £30m is about right in today's market. He hasn't excelled at this level at all, it has been a mixed season and then disrupted by injury so the figure is totally understandable IMO. But like I say, we are in a position to call the shots.

The story is in the Daily Star who also say Everton are confident of signing Grealish.

They really are short of stories.

i thought £30 million was a bit cheap id say he was our best player when he was fit and he was priced by the media when still in the championship as £50 million and man utd was going to buy him because sir alex said they should
to me he still is £50 or £60 million and grealish would be about the same but i cant see anyone paying £40 million for mings may £25 -30 million