The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 37 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

I love the way people just pluck figures out of the air and say "he's worth this.....he's worth that". They are only worth what someone else will pay for them, then it is up to our owners whether to sell or not and the player as to whether he wants to move or not.

IF he left to join a poxy club like Newcastle then it would make my dislike for the Newcastle club, gobshite fans and the bum licking media even worse:eek::grinning:

you would have thought our owners with all there billions would have wanted a big name manager too but nooop were stuck with smith who knows nothing about the big time

you would have thought our owners with all there billions would have wanted a big name manager too but nooop were stuck with smith who knows nothing about the big time
I think they see him as a piece in the jigsaw rather than the main man to be honest, I'd imagine they'd be moving Smith on a some point in the not too distant future if we stay up in order to progress.

Get a grip you lot.

McGinn is going NOWHERE.
Agree 100%. Why all the rumours selling all our quality players to clubs that are no better than us including Man its is getting annoying.
We are going to stay up as this years current premier league will be scrapped due to the amount sadly dying in the uk, making it a obscene , pointless idea to insult the dead by finishing it to satisfy the greedy Tv vultures.
All this talk of finishing is just so wrong when many in the world have lost family, jobs and sadly soon homes, puts football into prospective .
I love my club but hate the premier league , sky and the biased tabloids so much since this crisis has grown.
Greed and lies to keep plastic fans interested.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't really rate him. Exceptional at the Championship level but throughout the season I have not been impressed, I find that he goes missing too much and his quality on the ball can leave quite a bit to be desired. Perhaps in a better side he'd do a bit more but I don't see a huge amount of quality about him at this level.

Stepping up from Scotland to the Champ and then the Prem - he hasn't been great, but he certainly can't be judged yet. The only thing we can say is he's clearly not fit enough yet to even do what he was doing at the start of the season, so we can't know if he's now better adjusted or not.

Look at how long it's taken Luiz to actually start looking like a proper player at this level.

I think it was 80 minutes on the clock in the second half before he touched the ball.... Give him a rest FFS.

I will not criticise a player after two games coming back from a major injury. I just won't.
Most of my opinions were formed prior to the injury in fairness, I have not been impressed with him this season, lacks quality at this level, he's just picking up where he left off over the past two games.