The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

Anything's possible, although I would like to think that SJM is too astute to jump into that bear pit ATM. However, we shouldn't forget that regardless of their current standing, this is a club that pays over £300 000 per week to it's star players.

We can never, ever forget that in the greed league, like it or not (and I fucking hate it) it's all about the money honey. Unfortunately, we are unlikely to experience success at the highest level until we compete financially with those I despise, and are paying immoral amounts of money to and for the World's finest up and coming talent.

I'm afraid to say that I believe Leicester City have used up the quota of footballing miracles that are likely to happen in my remaining years on this mortal coil.

If its true, it will be a test of the new owners. I suspect their answer will be no....McGinn's contract has already been upgraded. OK, if its true and his head is turned, then he'll be off. BUT at what price?? Given the quotes we seem to have been given for various players it won't be £50m. My guess is that this could be an ideal opportunity for the new owners to say: stop. We are not a selling club, moneyball or no moneyball.

If its true, it will be a test of the new owners. I suspect their answer will be no....McGinn's contract has already been upgraded. OK, if its true and his head is turned, then he'll be off. BUT at what price?? Given the quotes we seem to have been given for various players it won't be £50m. My guess is that this could be an ideal opportunity for the new owners to say: stop. We are not a selling club, moneyball or no moneyball.

YEp, they did the right thing with Grealish. This would be a different scenario of course, but I think I trust them to handle it properly (but as people have pointed out don’t trust the Sun with a barge pole).

Man united can sod off. They had an internal document regarding their transfer policy leaked. Absolute amateurs

McGinn would be mad to join a fading outfit where he would be a bit-part player at best, and possibly in the wilderness completely when Solksjaer inevitably gets sacked a couple of months into the season.

Even if it were remotely true, I think SJM’s head is far too screwed on to know that taking such a huge jump and gamble in a fairly early stage in his career is premature.

Prove yourself in the top flight for a club like Villa, then go onto great things. It’s what the likes of Milner and to a lesser extent Ashley Young did.

Going to a Man Utd type club - especially one who will finish at the upper end of mid table and with a manager who will not be there come Christmas - is not a good career move.

I know it’s wrong and melon will slaughter me but I’m worried about sjm leaving , I’d be more upset than when Andy gray went ,

I’d rather have mginn though
If McGinn is worth $50m to Manure, then he is worth at least £50m to us and a replacement would cost perhaps that much - Kalvin Phillips is being quoted as costing £30m+. SJM is under contract and would have to put in a request to get a move - he doesn't strike me as that kind of guy as he turned down his 'dream move' to Celtic to come to Villa.

This is the Sun spouting bullshite as usual

With the new Premier League campaign nearing now, excitement is naturally building and with solid moves so far in the transfer window as head coach Dean Smith looks to strengthen the group, that’s certainly helping. The transfer window does bring plenty of nonsense though and one of the best stories was the supposed £50million incoming bid from Manchester United for midfielder John McGinn.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...r-for-huge-praise-as-we-prepare-for-the-prem/