The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

Definitely wouldn't believe anything in the sun. One of the more bizarre rumours certainly.

why bizarre ?
In our threadbare squad who might a 'top six' team look to buy? - SJM would be one of the two possibles.
champs centrehalves bought for £3.5 mill a season ago are now apparently worth
30 mill. A reserve fullback who's 'slow and can't defend' according to saints fans is £17 mill - £50 mill is a bargain esp if they can con someone into buying pogba.

Interesting times

why bizarre ?
In our threadbare squad who might a 'top six' team look to buy? - SJM would be one of the two possibles.
champs centrehalves bought for £3.5 mill a season ago are now apparently worth
30 mill. A reserve fullback who's 'slow and can't defend' according to saints fans is £17 mill - £50 mill is a bargain esp if they can con someone into buying pogba.

Interesting times

It's certainly a crazy market. Players values are much more influenced by the buying and selling club's motivations rather than any perceived footballing ability.

We can’t do McGinn for £50m, but we can do Hourihane. Here’s a YouTube video and a record of his statistics in the 2018/19 season.

Welcome to the greed league, vultures in the air at all times waiting to pick off any talent. I hope he stays but if it is true I cannot see us holding onto him.

I wonder how much the Glazers will bankroll OGS? The various names mentioned and prices suggested stack up heavily, even by Yankee borrowing standards.

McGinn on top only adds to their bill - perhaps wishful is thinking on my part.

? Pssss, that lad Tshibola is the real gem at Villa Park, but don’t tell United (too loud).....?

A few years ago I would have been worried about a bid from Man Utd for one of our best players but these days they are a club who struggle to get into the top 6 and they are on the slide with a manager clearly out of his depth who most likely won't even make it to Christmas.

Throw in that the story is from Alan Nixon at the Sun then I'm not in the least concerned and anyway, we're considerably richer than them:grinning:

make funny GIFs like this at MakeaGif

Last edited:
We can’t do McGinn for £50m, but we can do Hourihane. Here’s a YouTube video and a record of his statistics in the 2018/19 season.

That's what I said mate if stats prove anything Hourihane is better than McGinn United should be in for him , better scoring better assists better passing proves he's better than John and Jack . I'd let him go for a bargain £20m too

It's bull.

Man United won't pay 50 million on a player who, legend to us or not , is unproven at the top level . He could bomb next season for us. We just don't know yet.

I would have his children though.

If true. Can’t see him going. Manchester United are a joke. If he does go, then we are a joke. Through my lifetime we have been a feeder club for united and if we have any ambition at all it needs to stop.

If Liverpool or Man City came knocking, that would be different (but they’re not going to are they)